HybridZ

Baby seat in an S30?

cygnusx1

Ok last night my wife and I were half-joking around about putting a baby seat in the Z so we could cruise around in the Z with our new baby Nicholas this Summer.

I am pretty sure that it's not a good idea to mount a baby seat base to the rear hatch area...but I need someone to slap me in the face for even thinking about it.

Opinions, past experiences, legalities?

Sorry man... but I have to say this. I would NOT cruise in my Z with a baby even in a good baby seat. The truth is that these old cars just don't have the safety that newer cars have. Even in the very best car seat, the little champ will be unsafe in an old Z. Buy a good used Volvo or something for the family.

i asked this same question a while back about my 83 zx. if you can get a rollcage in and mount a seat or actually mount the car seat with the backrest supported by the cross member on the rollcage.. it would be safe in my opinion. i would DEFINATLY invest in plexiglass or some other synthetic glass for the hatch though. i feel pretty confident with the z and my 1 1/2 yr old in it once i get it running. dont have the rollcage in yet but it will eventually be in. thats just my 2 cents though.

its ok when i was 15 before i started driving my first z, my parents had to come pick me up and they were in the Red 240z that came out in Super Street 3years ago. Well story is, they put me in the back hatch area laying down while my dad was cornering hard and laughing his ass off...

I use to put my girlfriends sister in the back of my Z....

When I was in the service I use to sit in the back of my buddies mid 70 280. I would sit with my head up between the two front seat passengers.

That was 80 pounds ago. When I look at my 240 now I can't figure out how that would have been possible.

Nah, I just needed a slap in the face....we already have two good family cars other than the Z. We are just going to miss cruising in the Z this Summer....Oh well I'll have to hire a babysitter....a hot babysitter..... lol.

It was intended to be a friendly slap:mrgreen: