HybridZ

Turbo Meister is Turboless

My buddy wants his Rayjay turbos back that he has loaned me for the past 4 years.:(

I don't want to get replacement Rayjays because they are outdated and there is very little future support for them. Turbonetics is the sole owner of the patent and they told me they will no longer make new Rayjays or replacement parts. Once they sell off their remaining inventory, Rayjay is history.

I can't afford to change my exhaust system and buy new turbos. So I think I will have to stick with a twin setup. Some fabrication will still have to be done since no newer turbo is like the Rayjays. I wonder if I will make any of the Z shows much less any racing in the near future.

I'm not buying any of the e-bay no name turbos because that's just asking for trouble. I would like a pair of Turbonetics T04B 62-1's. They are larger than the Rayjays and will provide a little more power.

Is there a dealer on the site who has connections with Turbonetics and can obtain these turbos at a reasonable rate?

Hanns

Guest 280ZForce

+1 on the project car mode.

but i know when we are all finished we will all have very unique Zs once again that dominate the road/track.

you ask thagard about getting a similar turbo for you?

If I'm not mistaken, thaagard sells garrets only. The gt35 is very similar, but I'm sure you want to go bigger. I have compared the gt35r side by side but the gt40 or gt42 looks alot better.

I have a pair of the same turbos on my monte which barely got on the lift as of friday.

I was considering going larger anyway. PM me if your interested.

Here's a long shot. When I sold the Banks kit this summer, Banks was actually the winner of the auction. The kit was from '81-'82 and was brand new. Had Rayjay turbos that were still new in the bag. They were going to take the setup and keep it for display. Might try contacting them about selling the turbos.

Like I said, long shot....but?

Bryan

Dat240zg

Hanns,

I have a couple of brand new Garrett 60-1s that I was planning on using for a project......by the looks of it, I will never get around to it. Drop me a PM if you are interested.

Tim

Tim, are they T3s or T4's, or a T3/T4 hybrid?? I think 2 Garrett T4OE (or something in the T4Ox family would be the hot ticket for him to replace what he has.

Davy

Offer to buy your buddy replacement turbos. your out the same money either way, but get to avoid refabricating the exhaust.

That's the first thing I tried. He has a Chevy Vega that he tried to race with those turbos 16 years ago. He couldn't make it work so the car sat until 4 years ago when he loaned them to me. After seeing what my Z can do with the turbos he got interested again. So my success is also my loss.

Hanns