HybridZ

any sources for digital mics ?

any sources for digital mics ,

I like a good NATURED FOOL I loaned out my set of digital mics the 4" TO 5" MIC COMES BACK LOOKING LIKE SOME IDIOT USED IT FOR A WELDING CLAMP, AND THE 2" TO, 3" IS MISSING, SO im IN THE MARKET FOR A COUPLE NEW digital micrometers ANY SUGGESTIONS?? THE LAST SET I BOUGHT COST SEVERAL HUNDRED DOLLARS, SO I WAS HOPEING THEY ARE CHEAPER NOW??

I spent 13 years as a dimensional calibration tech and I can tell you without a doubt that if you want "good" digital mics they are going to cost you quite a bit. If you want if you want one with high resolution and low accuracy you can find them all over the place. Personal opinion here is that Mitutoyo makes the best digital and L.S. Starrett is a very close second.

Provide the person who used your mics with a quote for the replacement of them and maybe if you are very lucky that person will be good natured enough to cover or at least help pay for the new ones.

Dragonfly

... dont use verniers as scribes ...[/img]

Huh? Why not?!?! ::icon43: I actually have a cheep $40 set of fowlers (4", mech dial) that I use just for that purpose. More accurate than a tape/scale and marker, and it's fast. As for the mics, get the mit's. I don't have the digis, but I personaly prefer the mecanical old school. For most of what I do, (general machinest) they are fine, and I bought my set of Mitutoyo mics (0-2, 0-3, 0-4, 0-5, 0-6) from a pawn shop 2 years ago for $50 and laughed all the way back to the shop. :lol They are older ones, but very accurate.

http://www.jlindustrial.com/

These guys run some good sales every once and a while. You may be able to contact them and get on their mailing list. As a machinest and quality control supevisor, I have to agree with all above that you get what you pay for. I don't really use any digital od mics, you can be just about as accurate with a regular mic for much less $$.

Hickl