HybridZ

ld28 intake manifold/plenum

Guest TeamNissan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Yea the runners are 35mm Id,

I just measured a 1983 LD28 intake that I have and the #3 and #4 intake runners neck down to 33.3mm at 15mm back into the runner away from the cylinder head. The others go down to 33.9mm to 34mm. At the edge of the runner next to the engine they flare out close to 36mm.

Just thought I would put that out there.

OTM

i have one waiting for my turbo build. i bought 6 aluminum injector bungs to be welded into the stock locations and i sawed a TB plate off of an extra manifold and ported it. trading a fellow z-er a KA tranny for the aluminum TIG work. Cost: manifold was about $65 shipped on ebay, injector bungs were $28.50 shipped on ebay from Ross Machine Racing, and the TB plate is considered free. so with different washers for the mounting with the exhaust manifold i'll have right at $100 in this performance manifold. should flow nice up into the higher rpms too.

The wall thickness on the LD Runners will allow Extrude-Honing to a consistent 36mm diameter from plenum to head flange surface---no taper to speak of, but you can get them Extrude-Bored to a consistent 36mm diameter.

My measurements were similar to Older-than-Me's dimensions.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I realize this is yet another thread resurrection, but I figured I could contribute something to it.

I am the customer in question. Unfortunately back in 2005 I was in a REALLY bad car accident (not in my z thankfully), and basically lost all interest in pursuing work on my z for a number of years (in fact I've only just recently returned to working on the car). At the time I asked Bryan to try and find a buyer for the parts (I had already paid him for the work, just not shipping) cause I was considering selling my z and I needed the cash. He didn't have any luck as far as I know, and I eventually lost touch with him. I have no idea what happened to the parts after that. A few weeks ago I emailed him at his email address found on this site: http://bandmzcars.com/ (which was the same email address I had corresponded with him with before) to see if I could find out what had ever happened to them (with the complete understanding that after 5 years of not claiming them there was probably no chance I'd be able to obtain them from wherever they ended up). I haven't heard back from him yet, so I have no idea if he is still involved with z's, if he still uses the email address or what.

If anyone else is aware of what happened to the intake, and how the performance with it was, I'd love to hear about it.