HybridZ

Rear DISK conversion

Guest kc6wfs

Guest Anonymous

Very good picture essay for the rear disc conversion. Why did you report that all involved took only one hour? Now I am considering going for disc brakes too. I do not need rear disc brakes. I cannot afford rear disc brakes but I WANT them! I am already over budget

i just did one side in less than 15 minutes so an hour is being generous...

although the car was on the hoist already...

and the torch was within 5 feet..

those are the brackets that Ross and I made up.

the ebrake bits will be following shortly but since you have a torch i'm guessing you can make those up yourself. Ross has a pic on his site of the ones i originally made for Chucks car..

i'll have a pic of custom lines up on monday once we do the other side tomorrow..

Okay.. this is bad... now I'm suddenly in the market for a set of brakes... :eek:

Mike(scca) how would this 240SX rear brake / 5lug setup work with your Stage II front brake / 5lug setup? Would the balance be okay or would the front be too much for the rears - would I need something more beefy? I'd prefer to have the brakes balance pretty well before installing the balance regulator.

$255 for a rear 5lug conversion? I'm sold... Time to start shopping for some calipers :cool:

the stage 2 fronts with this rear setup is what i originally did over a year ago on chucks 383 v8 Z. it all worked quite well and fit under neath his existing centerlines up front.......

thats why i started on the 240sx caliper setups as they are more readily available and i like using the larger Z31 rear rotor .

What rotor and calipers are used in this conversion? And also I have a 280(75) what will be the differences for doing this on the 280? Someone mentioned not having to cut off a dust cover or something.

Finally someone has got me going in the right direction for rear disk brakes((I hope)). I posted a question about doing a conversion a while back and only got one response. It was the usual "go do a search on brakes response" I did and all it got me was confused. Too much and different info! So I am finally happy to see something that I believe would be easily done by me. :D

Cool, I found a guy with a spare set of 240sx rear calipers who lives right here in San Diego. I wonder what those of you who have done this swap have paid for calipers and what a good offer would be. I also know another guy with a set for sale for $90 shipped. His email address is nismodreams@hotmail.com

So, what do you think I should offer for the calipers?

My wife has a 1992 240SX hehehe, I told her to watch it or I might have to swipe hers when she's not looking b_hand.gif

uhh I probably shouldn't, she loves that little car as much or more than I love my Zeeeeeesssssss so she would probably kick me in the Jimmy if I pulled a stunt like that malebitchslap.gif

I was thinking on calling Auto Zone today and check that price out.