HybridZ

Right after I get an MS-II...look!

cygnusx1

looks like a bonified MS-II in a small package.

Nice alternative to the DIY kits. I've built one, so I can tell.

But then again, I like reading about the DIY and circuitry. so.... 795? i dunno, bit much for me for such a system.

Im not sure if I would run my RB30 on that

Mine is where the factory ECU went, so If I left the factory trim cover off it would show off nice, but no way I'm paying $800 for some bling.

I guess DIY has to go after the "tuner" crowd though...big market

I do like the connector, but if you really wanted it you could probably adapt the stock Datsun case for the job (the stock datsun ECU connector has more the same amount of pins....)

I think the next MS install I do I'm gonna get a GM case and connector out of the yard and shoehorn the MS inside it (watertight!)

looks like a bonified MS-II in a small package.

Nice alternative to the DIY kits. I've built one, so I can tell.

But then again, I like reading about the DIY and circuitry. so.... 795? i dunno, bit much for me for such a system.

Im not sure if I would run my RB30 on that

The Microsquirt is MS-II based; the eMS Pro is actually closer to a MS-I. Unlike a normal assembled MS-I, however, it has almost every option on the MSnS-E option list installed. The eMS Pro is aimed at a crowd that's do it yourself enough to want to install an ECU, but the sort who draw the line at wanting to build or customize it on their own.

I think it's a nice expansion on the product line. A good marketing move. I am going to start the teardown of my car this weekend and begin the long process of wiring in the MS-II, LC1, and plumbing in the AN fittings, injectors, fuel rail, filter, for the new fuel system. I am sure by the time I get it running well, I won't care that my ECU doesn't have a window in it. LOL. I just cant wait to get rid of that darn, "missisippi river looking" cold air intake with AFM and stick a cone air filter on the compressor directly!

Guess I missed this in the 2007 SOTU message at MS&S forums:

Also, last year we started mentioning the ability to license the MegaSquirt hardware and IP for use with other specific applications. We are still working out all of the final legal details on this. We have been working with an established company, Spectre Performance, as the first example of application under license. They will be introducing their Phantom EMS unit for sale in Q2 of this year. This particular implementation has taken the base MS1 unit and provided several enhancements, including upgraded connector, more application-direct I/O, a re-write in the PC tuning software, etc. Additionally, this product will be offered to an audience who desires a more “plug-n-go†implementation, as compared to the current MegaSquirt audience of DIY. So this should not be viewed as a direct competitor to the DIY version of MegaSquirt, but as a system that is targeted to a more “consumer†market, priced aggressively compared to existing aftermarket solutions. This is a totally different world with different rules, so it will be interesting to see how this unfolds over the coming months.

The Spectre unit is definitely a nice piece, though probably aimed at a little different market as Matt mentioned-- we've had alot of interest in an ECU that has every feature available-- out of the box, no mods needed. Others demand a high quality automotive grade (read $$) connector. Others want USB out of the box. Spectre basically made all of that happen, and added a couple bonuses in the process and came up with a really nice unit here. They initiated this themselves though we were involved early on helping them with some of the feature lists and early discussions.

Up until now we've traditionally only reached out to the hardcore DIY market-- and I expect that to continue to be huge for us and we'll never stray from our roots... we are DIYAutoTune after all ;). But with a different type of customer asking for a different type of product... we're going to be there for them too. Lastly we've got another range of products coming out soon, for a slightly different market-- I can't say too much about that just yet, hold tight for a few more weeks.

Bottom line is this will allow us to offer alot of new and cool things, for people with all kinds of tuning needs and skillsets-- The hardcore DIYer, the DIYer or Pro that wants a full featured system out-of-the-box, or the other guy that I can't talk about just yet :cool:.

Oh yeah-- our prices on much of the DIY stuff have gotten better lately, the only reason they would ever climb is if materials did too much for us to absorb...

and keep your eyes out for the new shopping cart portion of our site that we'll be going live with in 2-3 weeks.

The Microsquirt is MS-II based; the eMS Pro is actually closer to a MS-I. Unlike a normal assembled MS-I, however, it has almost every option on the MSnS-E option list installed. The eMS Pro is aimed at a crowd that's do it yourself enough to want to install an ECU, but the sort who draw the line at wanting to build or customize it on their own.

at that price your in another ball game. now competing with haltech and such.