HybridZ

Do you like where this is going....interior pics

EvilC

As you can see from the pic, I am going for the CF look with my car. At first I hated the red but it has really grown on me. I am still going to get the car running and painted before I "finish" the interior but I wanted to get some feedback. Plans....... carpet the car with thin speaker box material, buy all new black plastics panels, hopefully Paulo will have a CF center console ready by end of the summer. I liked a lot of pics of other peoples int I saw in the thread "post pics of your int"

ps sorry for the huge pics just wanted everyone to see the detail! shift knob!!! I love it!

Picture_0661.jpg

Picture_0453.jpg

Lookin' good man. My only thought is that thin speaker carpet material won't deaden sound very well. Are you going to dynamat it first? Also the floorboards look like they need a little TLC, but who's doesn't?

I like the shifter too. Can you tell the difference in the throw from the stock one? Did you get it off ebay or MSA??

Thanks, -Hugh

Lookin' good man. My only thought is that thin speaker carpet material won't deaden sound very well. Are you going to dynamat it first? Also the floorboards look like they need a little TLC, but who's doesn't?

I like the shifter too. Can you tell the difference in the throw from the stock one? Did you get it off ebay or MSA??

Thanks, -Hugh

Thanks. I think I am going to chnage the floors this summer and redo the bad dog frame rails.....that is just surface rust because the car sat outside for a few months on a paved driveway. Not a show car but I dunno yet. As for the shifter it is for a t56 and it is a Pro 5.0.

Autometer Tachs do that all the time. they have an air core mechanism that only drops them down to zero when you power them up, they all come with a disclaimer in the instructions that this does not indicate a malfunction. Or maybe the car is running?

Nice.

If you're gonna use speaker carpeting you might want to consider using herculiner on the floor surfaces that will see traffic....wears like iron and will seal the metal to boot! Also, it's not that heavy and looks good, and it will help deaden sound by raising the resonant freq. of the floorboards.

I'm using QuietCar (which looks a LOT like bedliner to me) in my 280 and it's as quiet as a new sentra or cobalt inside. (this is with a 3" exhaust...roll down a window and it'll shout at ya though :) )

Looks great!

One question, why'd you swap the speedo and RPM gauge?

Mario

Mistake! lol.....I'll probably correct soon.

Thanks for the comment.

No car is not running yet but looks like it will be in 4-5 weeks. Yeah I will address the floors as soon as I finish getting the BD rails welded. I think I will paint the car mid summer which gives me time to really know what I am going to do with the interior. Thanks for the info...I am taking notes.