HybridZ

Z432 Optional Seats

Ed260Z

Does anyone have a pic of the Z432 optional racing bucket seats?

I saw a pic on one of the many forums that I vist, but now I don't have a clue where I saw it. If I'm not mistaken it had what looked like a houndstooth insert with 3 breathers in each of the horizontal pleats.

That picture is from a post of mine. The picture, I captured from the best Z car video ever:

Best Motoring Special Vol. 56 "Love the Z"

It is a torrent, 1.6GB. Down side is that it is Japanise language, no sub-titles. It is easy to sit thru the 73 minutes and see great Z car history.

I want those seats!!

I went back through my photos and couldn't find any interior shots of a 432 or 432R. I could definitely tell that the 432R seat had a headrest on it though. Judging by the condition of the car, I would bet that the seats in the 432R were original.

1 tuff z, you happen to have 432 posts now! Co-winky Dinky?

Those are very attractive. Retro and priced well.

"The Classic Bucket is the perfect "vintage/classic style" bucket seat. It is ideal for classic cars, trucks and kit-car applications. Standard features include: tubular steel frame, injection molded foam, an adjustable headrest and custom vertical stitching along the center of the seat. The Classic Bucket will fit up to a 36" waist"

I guess I have to lose 2 inches.

I talked to Eiji at Datsun Spirit several months ago, and he's still working on getting the 432 seats. Might want to drop him an E-M, and maybe if there's enough interest, he'll expedite his offerings. He's a good man, and has come thru for me with door panels and other rare stuff. I must say, I might just pick up a pair of the Corbeau Retro's, and have my trim guy redo the centers with some breathers and woven vinyl. That price is too good!

...... I could definitely tell that the 432R seat had a headrest on it though. Judging by the condition of the car, I would bet that the seats in the 432R were original.

The Headrest was removable on those seats. And the seats posted so far are sweet! But dam $2K for those reproduction seats is steap.

The Corbeau seats are a nice altenative, just need to get the center redone with the ribbing going the other direction.

I'm still 99% sure that the seats I saw had a fabric insert, done in the same style as above.