HybridZ

Just bought a new 2 wheeled toy

Dragonfly

I have been looking for awhile now for a new bike and I finaly found the deal I was looking for on the bike that I wanted. This is a 2006 Honda VFR800 non ABS Interceptor, I bought it used off a guy who managed to put all of 384 miles on it. Seems the rest of his family wasn't happy about him having a motorcycle so he let it go for $2500 less than he paid for it (he paid cash), the seller also threw in a tank bag and a brand new Aria helmet.

S1010004.jpg

This is what I got for $7995... What do you guys think?

Dragonfly

Nice Bike, Iam thinking about getting a Harley or something or building a bike from scratch a friend of a friend builds bikes for a living so I can atleast get cheap used parts If I do a fair bit of my own work I can have a pretty decent bike for under 7000 cad all used parts of course.

Nice Bike, Iam thinking about getting a Harley or something or building a bike from scratch a friend of a friend builds bikes for a living so I can atleast get cheap used parts If I do a fair bit of my own work I can have a pretty decent bike for under 7000 cad all used parts of course.

If you build your own used parts or not you are going to know absolutely everything about that bike and since you have someone who builds bikes for a living near by you can have your work checked out for you as you go. That would be quite cool but beyond anything I would want to take on.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Dragonfly

Yea it should be super cool I cant afford to buy one right away so over the next say 2-4 years I can throw a couple hundred a month into and see what happens. Plus your right the help from a pro will give me a serious advantage.

Iam a little nervous about tackling it but one a step at a time and it should be ok!

That was one of my pics for a newer bike... I ended up with a Kawi ZRX1100, but could easily have bought an intercepter VFR800... Nice ride! :2thumbs:

Mike

Mike thanks for the :2thumbs:, I think that you probably made the right choice for you since you are a bit more of a speed demon than I am (but not by much), the Interceptor does not have as much power as your ZRX1100 but I feel it has a much more linear throttle which was the big selling point for me.

Dragonfly

Nice job. Probably my favorite overall bike was my VFR750 (woo gear driven cams). It was easy to ride, comfortable, and more than quick enough.

Since then I've owned a 2005 R1 - entirely way to fast for 99% of the riding I do.

I've also riden a friends 2006 Shadow Spirit (He had never ridden before, so I took it home from the dealership for him) which was nice, but a little under powered.

Last weekend I rented a 2007 HD Sportster 1200 Custom, which was OK, but was a little small (especially with a passenger) and it didn't get up and go like I wanted it to.

That's funny, because I think this thing, piped and jetted is only making about 105WHP. So my guess is it isn't any faster than the VFR. It's by far the slowest bike I've owned in a number of years, but so much more enjoyable! :2thumbs:

Mike

That's funny, because I think this thing, piped and jetted is only making about 105WHP. So my guess is it isn't any faster than the VFR. It's by far the slowest bike I've owned in a number of years, but so much more enjoyable! :2thumbs:

Mike

Wow that suprises me, I thought for sure it was going to be in the 140+ whp range. I am not sure at this time what the numbers are for my new bike but my old Suzuki Intruder was way under powered and over weight with 87whp on an almost 600lb bike, so for me the Interceptor is a rocket and is the fastest bike I have ever owned (all previous bikes have been cruisers).

Dragonfly