HybridZ

Insane VQ great fabrication

roninjiro

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn nice work Miami! May i suggest reading this thread http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=117607 and taking note the design of the runners inside a plenum.

Yea, i read that thread the other day. I am not a fan of drawing air from the plenum walls. I like my stacks to be raised off the floor to pick up on "smooth" air. I have read from several sources that the air on the walls of the plenum are rather turbulent and air likes moving in an "S" motion so it's best to raise the stacks off the floor.

EXCELLENT TIG welding!!! Looks great! Haven't seen any TIG welds that smooth since I left welding school!

So what are you going to do for air cleaners? Just some screen to keep bugs out?

Some screen for racing and some filters if i can fit them for the basic commuting... from race spot to race spot ofcourse. :icon10:

Where did you get the exhaust manifold kit from? I've been looking for something like that for my other project. I mainly need the three into one collectors but I cant seem to find them. The rest just looks killer btw!

spdexhaust.com

or you could always go to burnsstainless.com

• 1 month later...

Very nice work Miami! BTW I grew up in the Kendall area and use to go to the races Wendsday, Friday, and Saturday. You talked about going from racing spot to spot. Is there still a big steet racing scene over there? I was told that the cops had cracked down on the racing at Saga Bay, Avacado Rd, and in Hialeah. They were impounding cars, my friend said. I used to race out there when Brandon/PSI racing starlet and Tirso/240ZT owned the street. I had a 73 Datsun 1200 trunk with a LZ24 on Nitrous. Keep up the good work and stay safe on the streets.

Very nice work Miami! BTW I grew up in the Kendall area and use to go to the races Wendsday, Friday, and Saturday. You talked about going from racing spot to spot. Is there still a big steet racing scene over there? I was told that the cops had cracked down on the racing at Saga Bay, Avacado Rd, and in Hialeah. They were impounding cars, my friend said. I used to race out there when Brandon/PSI racing starlet and Tirso/240ZT owned the street. I had a 73 Datsun 1200 trunk with a LZ24 on Nitrous. Keep up the good work and stay safe on the streets.

Wow dude, you're old school. lol Yea, the scene is still pretty big. There are much more younger kids with slower cars and less of the slightly more serious racers around. Saga bay is a no no anymore. The only old school spot that people still go to is okeechobee. The best way to catch a race now is to find the hangout spot, usually a gas station. You usually don't run the risk of getting busted there because no one is racing. They just kick you out. If you want to race, make arrangements with that person and head out to the safest highway by yourselfs, run, and come back. It's great to see another board member that knows exactly how things go down here.

Well thing definately change especially after 10 years. I still go home to visit every year, it would be cool if I could got to one of the hang outs and check out the beast in person. It would be even better if I could take my 240z down and go to the races. When I talk to people here in Phoenix about the races in FL. they are amazed. IMO the racing scene in FL was and is still the best. There were all kinds of cars and most were crazy fast, plus people just wanted to race. None of that car show s@*t. Well keep up the good work, and if you need anything I still have contacts in FL with race shops and parts suppliers.

• 7 months later...

Dude , I stumbled upon this thread . Those were definately the days @ Saga bay . Tirso was running w/Scranton bros running a Celica and flipped it racing Steph Papadakis ( Honda A.E.M ) @ Moroso crossing finish line on the roof . I remember that old Z from back in da day ( the whole car except for roof was Arizona Z fiberglass panels . That car represented the whole miami-Z car click back then .

Thats right I remeber seeing that video somewhere on the net. I think he still ran a 9 crosssing the finish line on the roof. He has always had a fast car. When I hear that he was racing Toyota it broke my heart because his 240 was the ♥♥♥♥! Thor do you remeber Craig with the black 69 510 that ran 12.9 on motor 2.4l early KA.

Update boys I will be going down to MIA in May. I would love to get together with some old school street fighters if possible. let me know if your in for a reunion.