HybridZ

In San Diego?...

nakagusukumike

What's up, I'm in SD as well. Right off Penasquitos Blvd/Poway Rd's exit. I haven't seen too many older Z's lately. I used to see 280zx's like mine all the time, but even those are getting to be a once a month kinda thing. I'd be willing to meet up to hang out for a few. Does anyone here go to the Fusion cafe car meets? It's generally a younger crowd (late teens early 20's) that go and any make/model show up to talk about cars.

Why not have a meetup at race legal say once a month or something?

http://racelegal.com/news/news.asp

How about the first race legal date of every month? You guys ever been there? it's down at qualcomm, pretty cool event and cheap.

i used to go there before the prices were increased to race. I go to the SDR SCCA autocross events instead now. Free to watch, and worth the $$$ to race.:-D

I'm in the college area and now that my car is running again I can be found at racelegal and at the autocross events. Just look for this car...

P1010057.jpg

Hey John long time no see. Hopefully I will be seeing you again pretty soon and the rest of you guys as well since I have not met any of you yet.

Dragonfly

Damn its so sick to see there are a few guys here in SD with S30's yeah i agree these guys are pretty rare here in SD.. thats why i decided not to sell mine. I go to race legal at the Q pretty often. altough i have to admit.. ever since i blew my 5 speed tranny i stopped going as often due to my 240 having a 4 speed... its pretty shamefull to drive my car on the highway and be passed by all these cars... sher il take more than 70 % of them off the line :P but HIGHWAY + 4-speed = NO GOOD :P but yeah i agree we should have an S30 meetup at the Q sometime if you guys are down? i jsut gutted my car since im PLANNING on putting an Sr20det on it.. altough im just starting the search for info hunt on WHAT I NEED for it besides the full swap ( engine ecu harness tranny) i went to the junkyard the other day with just a 10, 12, 14 mm comb wrenches and came out with a LSD 200sx turbo (old school) differential ( ive heard their rare to find and amazing for drags) but its jsut layin in my garage. i couldve taken a 300zx turbo engine but i was like... naaah im saving the $ for the SR.. so yeah just thought id give some of u guys a 411 so hopefully u guys cane give me some advice on that area with the SR and the 200sx diff.. would it bolt up with the sr ?

P.s This is my 1971 240z (before the gutting)

P1010021-1.jpg

Damn its so sick to see there are a few guys here in SD with S30's yeah i agree these guys are pretty rare here in SD.. thats why i decided not to sell mine. I go to race legal at the Q pretty often. altough i have to admit.. ever since i blew my 5 speed tranny i stopped going as often due to my 240 having a 4 speed... its pretty shamefull to drive my car on the highway and be passed by all these cars... sher il take more than 70 % of them off the line :P but HIGHWAY + 4-speed = NO GOOD :P but yeah i agree we should have an S30 meetup at the Q sometime if you guys are down? i jsut gutted my car since im PLANNING on putting an Sr20det on it.. altough im just starting the search for info hunt on WHAT I NEED for it besides the full swap ( engine ecu harness tranny) i went to the junkyard the other day with just a 10, 12, 14 mm comb wrenches and came out with a LSD 200sx turbo (old school) differential ( ive heard their rare to find and amazing for drags) but its jsut layin in my garage. i couldve taken a 300zx turbo engine but i was like... naaah im saving the $ for the SR.. so yeah just thought id give some of u guys a 411 so hopefully u guys cane give me some advice on that area with the SR and the 200sx diff.. would it bolt up with the sr ?

P.s This is my 1971 240z (before the gutting)

P1010021-1.jpg

yes it will bolt up because you will be reusing the stock driveshaft. It may need to be shortened due to the sr tranny being longer than the z trannys. Go to http://www.vildinimotorsport.com/. They are in Mission Viejo and do swaps in z's with quality work. Ask for Alex or Adrian.

FYI - 200sx rear ends are a 4.11 ratio but they are not lsd. If you so happen to want to get rid of it, id be more than willing to buy it from you.:-D

Miles, yeah it's been a while since I've talked to you. I think the last time we talked, your Z was primered and you just got the CF parts! Anyway, if anyone wants to meet up at the Q or anywhere else, I'll be happy to. I'm going to try to make it out to the racelegal events more often, even if I just spectate.

Yeah for shureid be down to meet at the Q one of these days while my Z still has plates. its about to undergo special maintenance ( sr swap) so its gonna be sitting for a little while. and id like to show it off a bit BEFORE the transformation. so yeah Id be down for race legal.

Since this thread is all about the San Diego Z's I decided to post this here.

I have heard the the Z Club of San Diego is going to go to the MSA show as a group on Sunday but after calling several officers and some regular members no one was able to say who or when, so since I personaly like to go to things like this with a few cars I am inviting any of you guys who are going to the MSA show to caravan up with me on Sunday morning. I will be leaving my house (very close to Qualcomm stadium) at about 6:15 am any one who would like to run up as a group with me let me know in this thread. If anyone would like my cel # so they can contact me by phone drop me a PM. I have no problem meeting up with people as I get close to thier neighborhood so just let me know.

I will also be going up on Saturday for the Autox School, if anyone would like to go up as a small caravan for that drive again let me know.

Dragonfly