HybridZ

Factory reconditioned Hobart welders?

auxilary

A friend bought a HH140 refurb "B" from toolking.com and has been happy with it. I've seen, and run, the unit. It has some cosmetic blemishes and the grounding cable had spatter. Other than that I don't think he's had problems since.

http://www.toolking.com/category.aspx?categoryID=323

FWIW, I have a Lincoln SP100T that I bought as a refurb a few years ago from weldingmart.com, and absolutely love it. I couldn't tell it was refurbished.

Sometimes refurbs are better than the brnad new ones. Quite often when a manufacturer identifies a potential failure item in a product line they won't announce it unless it becomes a high percentage problem. The ones that do fail and are sent back get refurbed with a replacement part to fix the problem. I'd buy refurbed in a heartbeat. Save money and potentially get a better product... Either way it's as good as new. The first time you strike an arc any cosmetic blemishes aren't going to matter because you'll probably create more.