HybridZ

Should I Buy this 240z?

JustinOlson

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I went and took a look at it. No rust in the floor boards or the original frame rails. I'm going to go put a deposit down tonight and then picking it up tomorrow. I'm excited.

Justin

Hi Justin, I just saw this post and started reading from the top hoping by the bottom you ended up buying it. It's definitely work the $1800.00. Congrats on a quality find.

Justin,

If you need any help let us Portland area guys know. Good find, I think you got a great deal.

Ditto!

Ill be back home in Oregon City by March of next year, hopefully with megasquirt and a couple small:icon10: bolt ons added.... Let us know if you need anything, definitly good roads in Oregon that I miss, now that im in Arizona... Good find!!!

Hey ZDrifter, Look me up when you get into town. I also live in the original OC. :-D

♥♥♥♥, well I called to talk to the guy and arrang to give him the remander of the money today. He sold the car to this other guy from eugene this morning even though I gave him a $500 deposit last night. :(

I'm bummed out. I have to go get the deposit from the guy tonight after work.

Justin

I'd hate to think someone who saw this thread swiped the deal from you. A deposit is a deposit. ♥♥♥♥ like this shouldn't happen. I feel your pain.

Do you think there is a law that somehow binds you as a potential buyer to the car? I strongly suggest that you ask people about this in the general discussion board. You paid the deposit as per requested by the seller and I think there should be some law that forbids the seller from selling to other buyers who is later than you since you are the first runner up. Did you get a receipt when you handed him the deposit? If you don't have written proof, you have nothing, he might even not give you your money back. I had a friend that tried to buy a car; he paid the deposit but didn't get any receipt, the seller saw the chance and took advantage of it.

that is freakin lame. seriously. that guy should be shot. that was a nice car too. oh well, every let down is an opportunity to get something better!

but ya, something like that happened with me with a 240 w/ trips, too. lame

if you don't get your depoist back, post up the address....

I hope tihs is a cruel joke!??!? that guy needs to have his head kicked in. did the guy from eugene offer more money? what was his reasoning behind selling it from underneath you?

When I put a deposit down, I usually get the title before I leave. kind of impossible for them so sell it without that, or at the very least I geta written bill of sale and have both parties sign it.

Just got this e-mail from the seller. Really pisses me off.

"Sorry, the other guy I turned down gave me an additional $500 over my asking price at around 11:30 past our agreed time. Sorry, first one with the money gets the car and we agreed you would pay full by this morning. I can return your deposit this evening or you can pick it up today."

Guest TeamNissan

I'd take him to court just to be a douche. 500$ deposite and a planned time to pick up the car is a verbal contract. 1st there with the money DOES get the car and thats the point of leaving the deposite.