HybridZ

Intake mods almost done

stony

With the exception of hose and final cleaning and assembly the coolant mod is pretty much done. I also have some more chrome grinding to do.... that ♥♥♥♥ sucks!!!!!!

Never chrome aluminum!!!!!!

DSC02005.jpg

DSC02004.jpg

DSC02003-1.jpg

DSC02003.jpg

DSC02002.jpg

DSC02003.jpg

I assume you removed the coolant "log" and replaced them with the 3 individual hoses to help with heat? I.E. the super secret cylinder head mod? Looks like you just threaded the bosses down into the intake and then put the AN fittings?

-Bob

Yep not sure its so super secret anymore but yea thats all that i did. I just did what was post here in this thread.

pasted froma zeroyon.com thread

"The Cooling mod was kind of difficult. I completely destroyed 3 intake Manifolds trying to figure out which sizes to use and whether or not to abandon my idea of not welding the AN fittings in and simply tapping the manifold. I ended up tapping the manifold successfully.

The Parts List was as follows:

6X1/4 NPT Hex Plugs

3X 1/4 NPT - AN-8Earls male fittings

Teflon Tape

Remove the upper part of the intake manifold (5 allen Keys) and you will see this

in between each set of throttles.

Next, drill out the water passage (small one that is kind of off center in the middle). I used an 8mm bit and a press. You will need to go to about 14mm for the tap to work, but do that afterwards.

Once you are ready to drill the holes for your tap mark the bit at 18mm depth and do not go any deeper or you will end up joining the water passage and center bolt hole.

Drill and Tap them.

Next are the Air Holes, drill these to about 15-18mm depth and then tap the holes for your hex head plugs. There should be 2 airholes leading into the intake runners for each set of throttles (they are the bigger holes to the left and right of the water hole).

Once you have tapped them clean it all up and put your fittings in.

After this is done you need to construct a tank with 3 AN-8 fittings going in a vertical and a pressure Cap. You will also need a large return line to go to your radiator. The picture below is one that I saw on a Techno car about 2 or 3 years ago. I just learned what this was and how to do it in recent months and decided to try it out (Look to the left of the surge tank and you will see a breather tank (for lack of a better word) that has an extra radiator hose coming out, this is what I am referring to. This modification helps coolant to get cooled faster as well as elminate cavitation. There are better ways to say all of this but it is getting late."

If you would like to see the pics in the how to here's the link

http://www.zeroyon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7516&hl=coolant

500.00!!!!

Just kidding.. i dont know. you talking just drillng holes and tapping? I dont have an extra manifold right now. It's pretty simple to do with a drill press a pretty easy DIY job but if i did it to sell it takes about 2 hours to do the entire job. so IF i wanted to do another to sell maybe 75 bux plus parts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

ok got mine drilled and tapped (except for the water ports im gonna weld those on. my tap seems likes its way to long to get it to thread on the water ports without hitting the center bolt hole). just to be clear you do leave the bottom alone water "port/log" alone correct.

also what size did you use to hook up the swirl pot to the radiator? 12an? i see stony h as his swirl pot ports in a horizontal line and not vertical. i guess as long as they are submerged it doesn't really matter.

Edited by boostedh23a1

Hey boosted looks like you found this thread.

I'm not sure what you mean by Log but the in and out of the block under the intake are capped. cant remember the size i used to cap the air holes. You are using a single throttle body right???

from the Swirl pot to the radiator is 12an.

The swirl pot works but vertical is better.