HybridZ

WHERE can I buy parts like the swivel ..

grumpyvette

WHERE can I buy parts like the swivel for seats and plans for BAR STOOLS, I built a work bench in my new garage and want to use a few chairs resembling bar stools,the first problem is they should be about 40" seat height and VERY strong, but after pricing them at about a dozen places its glareingly obvious that most are either vastly over priced or constructed like junk. so it would appear I need to build my own, as 40" seat height is not standard, now I can work in wood or steel and can weld so I have options here, but a SOURCE FOR PLANS and the swivel seat bases would be nice

EXAMPLE IM open to all options, and surely not limited to this style

144b_1_b.JPG

I'm sure McMastercarr would have something for the swivel.. spherical bearings/pillow blocks of some sort, or a 'lazy suzan' type of mechanism.. and I'm sure you could simply find a 'seat' style you like, weld/fab a plate to attach, and build a 4 leg'd bottom for it, 40" hight.

You may try some home theater wholesale sites. They have some heavy duty swivels that are low profile and rated for tv's. I don't have access to the catalog they send me at home, but I'm sure there are many that offer similar products.