HybridZ

Camber Adjustment on 280zx

I know there is no factory camber (and caster) adjustment on the s130. However, at stock ride height, its already off, and i plan to lower my car within the next few months. What aftermarket parts are available to correct camber? I've already heard of slotting the control arm mounts on the cross member. Are there any other options?

Alright, camber plates should do just fine for the front. I'm still not to keen on slotting the x-member though. Is there any sort of adustable rear control arm available? Or maybe a set of offset bushings (although that prolly wouldn't provide enough ajdustability). I'm alsa worried about an alignment shop having trouble performing an aligment with this sort of setup.

Also, i talked to a local 510 driver, how said the bolts tend to slide around over time, even when there tacked down. Especially driving our pothole filled roads in winnipeg. He mentioned a penultimate x-member, but i can't seem to find any info on the net about how it works.

Looks like lowering my car is gonna cost about twice what i originally though. Especially if i do the bushings while i'm at it.

tihs is your best bet. rear Xmember slotting guide Its for the Z31, but the principle would be the same. only problem would be that you would need to get some Z31 or Infiniti M30 rear bushings and eccentric bolts for it to all work together. with the eccentrics, I dont think they move around THAT much, as this is how a LOT of factory cars have their toe and camber adjustable, including all of the nissan S13/S14 and Z32 cars.

tihs is your best bet. rear Xmember slotting guide Its for the Z31, but the principle would be the same. only problem would be that you would need to get some Z31 or Infiniti M30 rear bushings and eccentric bolts for it to all work together. with the eccentrics, I dont think they move around THAT much, as this is how a LOT of factory cars have their toe and camber adjustable, including all of the nissan S13/S14 and Z32 cars.

As well as most Porsches.

Well, i just took the back wheel off for the first time, and it turns out i've got kyb gas-adjust shocks back there. woohoo!

No more need for struts (at least rear), so more money for aligment stuff.

Also, i was looking into the penultimate rear crossmember for the 510. Anyone ever made one for a zx?

looks like this: Penultimate_ad_no_price.jpg

I would assume coupes and 2+2's use different x-members? If i can get my hands on a spare x-member, i'm gonna try building one of these.

Well, i just took the back wheel off for the first time, and it turns out i've got kyb gas-adjust shocks back there. woohoo!

Let me guess. White struts with A-Just in red lettering? Yes they're KYB, but they are so bottom line you'd swear they had Made in China written somewhere on them. Very cheap.

Let me guess. White struts with A-Just in red lettering? Yes they're KYB, but they are so bottom line you'd swear they had Made in China written somewhere on them. Very cheap.

yeah, i looked into them, and although there called gas-a-just, there not adjustable are they? Well i guess they should do for another year. This whole camber adjustement deal is gonna cost a lot more than i originally thought. And i need to bushings too.

You got it. Not adjustable. Those were on my DD when I first bought it. The PO had just had them put on and I figured I'd just let them ride as the springs seemed good at the time. Well, a year down the road and they're shot, along with the springs. not sure if the shocks just aren't giving enough rebound and over stressing the springs or what, but the whole suspension is toast. It's the only thing in my suspension that concerns me. Bushings need replacement, but I feel most of my body roll in the suspension. Hitting bumps it like riding a rigid mount chopper. Sucks, but one of these days I'll be able to afford my new struts and springs.