HybridZ

S30 Interior Clone examples

nakagusukumike

the 240sx dash is nice and all, but vildini charges a ridiculous amount for the work... oh well:mrgreen:

Hey, how much were they asking? I dont have a ton of money, but I"m interested in swapping the old dash out because it really does look like crap compared to some of the new cleaner stuff. And its a bitch to work with/around

ok i can tell that they dont have the a/c or doesnt even look like they have the fan hooked up at least there is no controls in those pictures.. but would it be easier/possible to use everything from the 240sx including the a/c and van and every thing under the dash?? seem s it would be easier than trying to get the z stuff to fit and function correctly

my thoughts exactly jeffer949, It's worth it, in my opinion, even though I've now tried the "cheaper dash repair alternative" method of repairing my dash, it still does not satisfy me.

The cables are so old in that car that things are just ripping out and not working anymore... in my opinion, 1k is a small sum to pay for something that works flawlessly in the car, and plus, looks a million times better, and it looks CLEAN!

my thoughts exactly jeffer949, It's worth it, in my opinion, even though I've now tried the "cheaper dash repair alternative" method of repairing my dash, it still does not satisfy me.

The cables are so old in that car that things are just ripping out and not working anymore... in my opinion, 1k is a small sum to pay for something that works flawlessly in the car, and plus, looks a million times better, and it looks CLEAN!

you could probably pick up an S13 that isn't running or was in an accident that would keep drifters away for like 500 bucks.

The dash in the Z is one thing I really like about the car. The S13's dash just looks blah...kinda like any other 90's car. To each his own I guess.

Me too every time i see this picture i just cant resist keeping the stocker !

7300090438.jpg

Hey Wedge, (or anyone else) Does anyone have a contact for the owner of the car with the leather cover. Just wanted to see how much it cost him to have it done etc. I've been planning that very same thing for my 75.

Thanks

Hey Wedge, (or anyone else) Does anyone have a contact for the owner of the car with the leather cover. Just wanted to see how much it cost him to have it done etc. I've been planning that very same thing for my 75.

Thanks

That car belongs to member Jackhammer, beautiful interior.

yeah i live in fort walton beach florida and i've been trying to find someone to wrap an old dash for me like that with no luck... i would love to get the original dash recovered and have a nice clean old school look..

and i don't know about you guys but it only took me an hour to get my dash out..yeah it was a little bit harder putting it in myself after i took it out but i think it would be a hell of alot easier then installing the 240sx dash plus it would look finished.. and hopefully getting it refinished is cheaper then buying a new one from msa for 1,600$

• 4 weeks later...
The dash in the Z is one thing I really like about the car. The S13's dash just looks blah...kinda like any other 90's car. To each his own I guess.

i couldnt agree more, not that i dont like the way the s13 looks in a z, i just favor old school looks. which is why i have a s30 instead of a s13