HybridZ

crazy nice build

MONZTER

• Administrators

WOW! The uniqueness, quality of craftsmanship, attention to detail… Looks like something that came from MONZTER’s shop.ave.gif Seriously, anyone that has seen any of Jeffs work would agree.

bgiorno.gif

It was in Hotrod a couple months back - designed to go ~300 MPH at Bonneville with a 4 banger if memory serves.
ah yes. Rad Rides by Troy. Blow fish was in the feb 07 issue of Hotrod magazine. Very interesting Engine combo 175 ci USAC midget block from mopar performance that uses a P5 hemi cyl head big stuff efi t45 turbo and made 1,000 hp and 680 ft lbs of torque at 20 psi. Troy also built Joe Rogans cuda I think it was called Stale Fish another mighty fine ride. Hell everything he builds is top notch.

WOW! The uniqueness, quality of craftsmanship, attention to detail… Looks like something that came from MONZTER’s shop.ave.gif Seriously, anyone that has seen any of Jeffs work would agree.

bgiorno.gif

Exactly everyone should check out MONZTER'S photo album!

300 mph is a tall order for a brick. Rarefied company to be sure. I'll be hoping I'm on the flats to see it run.

You know there are fewer than 450 200 MPH Club Members at Bonneville, but there are over 650 people in the "I climbed Mount Everest" reunion last year? Both clubs have been extant for roughly the same time.

300mph is also even more rare. Especially if you are required to break a record there. not simply go a minim speed of 200 or 300mph. You got to break an existing record...which means since all classes are displacement indexed, it becomes harder and harder to get 'into the club'---as opposed to Climbing Everest, which has become a footrace to see who can do it the fastest...pish posh! I greive for Sir Edmund's Legacy. He did it with stone knives and bearskins...not Gore-Tex and Lightweight Oxygen Cannulas...

300 mph is a tall order for a brick. Rarefied company to be sure. I'll be hoping I'm on the flats to see it run.

You know there are fewer than 450 200 MPH Club Members at Bonneville, but there are over 650 people in the "I climbed Mount Everest" reunion last year? Both clubs have been extant for roughly the same time.

300mph is also even more rare. Especially if you are required to break a record there. not simply go a minim speed of 200 or 300mph. You got to break an existing record...which means since all classes are displacement indexed, it becomes harder and harder to get 'into the club'---as opposed to Climbing Everest, which has become a footrace to see who can do it the fastest...pish posh! I greive for Sir Edmund's Legacy. He did it with stone knives and bearskins...not Gore-Tex and Lightweight Oxygen Cannulas...

That car is not as much of a brick as it looks the body is hand build and actually scaled down. If my memory is correct the body is all aluminum too. Chrysler gave Troy mucho wind tunnel time to develop the body.

That car is not as much of a brick as it looks the body is hand build and actually scaled down. If my memory is correct the body is all aluminum too. Chrysler gave Troy mucho wind tunnel time to develop the body.
must not be too much of a brick. It did 255mph in only 3 miles on low boost. By now it should be tuned for 30 + psi.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest DaveBonds

That looks like a crazy ride. I would be hard pressed to do 300mph in anything that close to the ground. Mile markers and telephone lines look like strobe lights at that speed. Spooky.

I was at Bonneville Speed Week this year and was able to see the Blow Fish in person. On one of the runs it went 262mph in the 5th mile. Not sure if it got a record but it sure sounded amazing going across the salt. Definitely did NOT sound like a 4-banger. :2thumbs:

Here's one of my favorite cars that went 300mph.

http://www.kugelkomponents.com/bonneville/bonneville.html