HybridZ

Update on LS1 6/26/07

So since the last post, I took a much needed 2 week vacation from the Z and visited the gf in Va. Did some job searching and looking into grad school also. Came back to NY last week and got some things done on the car. No I am not going to sell the car and yes it will be done this summer. What have I done? The motor and tranny is back in finally and hopefully for the last time. I got my new tires and wheels mounted.....had to get 2000 of an inch taken off the 280z hub so I can get a nice snug fit. AZ brakes install all the way around now. The q45 diff is up into place and just in need of a front mount. After that I will get the drive shaft made...which I am still in need of a steel t56 drive shaft. Got the radiator mounted and now to figure out the cold air intake. I now have the 73 dash harness I need and just need to swap it into my 73 dash. So my next few weeks go like this..... get the q45 front mount made and the axles assembled. Finish the fuel line from the tank to the filter ( new fitting on back order to clean up the look from last post). Take off MM rear control arms and put the 2 nuts in the right place. Ball joints and TC rods. July 21st Vinh is coming out to NYC to wire the car up for me and hopefully we get it started that day!!!!!!!! I will be picking up a parts car and having it sitting right there just incase I need anything plus it is the donor for my black interior. So thanks to all who told me not to give up on the project and 1tuffz for having his car in the same garage that kept me working on my car.

Anyone have a t56 drive shaft (steel) pm me.

Here are some pics:

Picture_151.jpg

Picture_162.jpg

Harness2.jpg

Front8.jpg

Rear_setup2.jpg

Rear_setup.jpg

PCM.jpg

Looking Good! Keep us posted on your progress.

BTW, is that an aftermarket fuel tank using the factory straps?

No factory tank with a sump made by a company out in Pa. The are called Renu tanks and the tank looks great!

No factory tank with a sump made by a company out in Pa. The are called Renu tanks and the tank looks great!

I agree, it does look great!

Now that you mention it, I think I remember a thread by you (or someone else) raving about how good of a job they did. I'm definitely gonna get them to redo mine. They're about half way down my list of to do's......you know what I mean.

I agree, it does look great!

Now that you mention it, I think I remember a thread by you (or someone else) raving about how good of a job they did. I'm definitely gonna get them to redo mine. They're about half way down my list of to do's......you know what I mean.

Trust me I know what you mean......never ending list.

Clive, All you needed was the well deserved break from the Z. I will bet you are very glad you listened to your fellow HybridZ brothers and did not sell the Z. Just imagine for a moment if you had sold the Z, feeling sick yet?

Anyway, I am glad to see you have made some progress. Your Z will be bitchin' once it is done, or at least drivable. Keep up the good work and post plenty pics.

Good luck!

Glad to hear your back on it! Hope you have it running soon and get that all important first drive. Once you drive it you'll have plenty of motivation to complete the project. Of course taking a ride in 1tuffz's car can help provide some motivation as well.

Glad to hear you are back on the project. Some times you just need to step away to refocus. About those to do lists. I swear every time I complete something the list get longer instead of shorter, what's up with that?

Glad to hear you are back on the project. Some times you just need to step away to refocus. About those to do lists. I swear every time I complete something the list get longer instead of shorter, what's up with that?

Good to know I'm not the only one.....everytime I replace something, I find 2 other things that need replacing :iospalo: .

Good to know I'm not the only one.....everytime I replace something, I find 2 other things that need replacing :iospalo: .

This site sure doesn't help that either. Someone posts pictures of their car and suddendly you think "wow, that would be cool" and the list gets longer. But its all fun, frustrating at times, but still fun. And when we're done, assuming things like this are ever realy done, we can say "yeah I built that"!

Clive,

Do you plan to have heat in this car? If not you might as well remove the heater core. If you remove the heater core you can just put the PCM sitting on top of the trans tunnel. With where the PCM is now I don't know you can put back the blower anyway. I will be back from my San Diego trip the 13th. If you get all the mechanicals done and ready for wiring let me know and I will head up the 14th.

V.

Good that your geting back into the Z. Sometimes all you need is a good breather to get over being frustrated.

What wheels are those you have now?

Justin

Custom 17in three piece Compomotive Wheels.

Clive' date='

Do you plan to have heat in this car? If not you might as well remove the heater core. If you remove the heater core you can just put the PCM sitting on top of the trans tunnel. With where the PCM is now I don't know you can put back the blower anyway. I will be back from my San Diego trip the 13th. If you get all the mechanicals done and ready for wiring let me know and I will head up the 14th.

V.[/quote']

As of now I do not indeed to run heat but I may change my mind if I figure how to put the heater core and blower back in. The PCM will clear the blower where it is, I think the angle of the pic makes it seems like it can't. If not I can adjust the lil bracket I made that is holding it in place.

I am taking the car to my dads shop in NYC this weekend! Next on the list exhaust/q45 axles/front mount for q45/drive shaft/cold air intake/wiring. Hopefully I can give Vinh good enough measurements so he can fab up a q45 front mount for me and wire up the car. So hey....maybe a month or so from now could be rolling.

So I have to thank David and all of you guys for the help and support so far.

holy crap..thats alot of good sh*t in the rear end. wish i got the bucks and time to do the same but engine just keeps comming back out for the third time...and hopefully final...good luck on the ls. nice job and looking good...

EvilC (Clive)

Good you decided to keep the Z !!! The car is coming along well. If you get a chance check out the Flex a Lite 640 Mojave heater and plenum. I am not running A/C, but I wanted heat and a least a defroster. I removed the dash to repair it and I decided to yank all the Datsun A/C and heater stuff out, keep things simple. I am going to try the Flex a Lite heater and post the pros/cons.

holy crap..thats alot of good sh*t in the rear end. wish i got the bucks and time to do the same but engine just keeps comming back out for the third time...and hopefully final...good luck on the ls. nice job and looking good...

Yeah you know how many lunches we had where Clive "forgot" his wallet. :rolleyesg:mrgreen: J/K Clive works very hard for everything you see there!