HybridZ

BFGoodrich g-force sport tires

Right now Costco has a $60 discount deal on these through July 1st (last day to order) when you buy 4 bfgoodrich tires.

I was quotes $387 for 4 225/50/zr16 g-force sport tires last night on the sportmax 002 wheels, and that's mounted and balanced. Giving a heads up, and wondering if anyone has has experience with these (so this isn't a duplicate thread that I posted without searching :) )

bfg_g_force_sport_ci2_l.jpg

these are $85/piece from tirerack.com, which puts it at roughly $430 mounted/balanced/shipped

I had those in 225/50r15's on one z and 225/60r15's on another z. Loved them both. They are great tires. Good lateral grip and acceleration grip. They did wear kindof fast but then again I do like to go down the quarter mile alot so thats probably why.

They are fantastic tires. I just ordered them in 225-50-R16. They are going for $99 EA (mounted and balanced) at Discount Tire, plus BFG has a $40 mail-in rebate on a set of four. That beats Costco, plus they can do Ride Matching for another $10/corner.

- Greg -

That's cheap! The Discount Tire web site is quoting $110 for those tires, and I'm pretty sure that is before mounting and balancing. How did you get yours for so cheap?

They are fantastic tires. I just ordered them in 225-50-R16. They are going for $99 EA (mounted and balanced) at Discount Tire, plus BFG has a $40 mail-in rebate on a set of four. That beats Costco, plus they can do Ride Matching for another $10/corner.

- Greg -

That's cheap! The Discount Tire web site is quoting $110 for those tires, and I'm pretty sure that is before mounting and balancing. How did you get yours for so cheap?

Hmm.. either youre trying a different size or the zip code actually matters. I just bought these last week for $99/ea mounted and balanced before rebate.

- Greg -

I got the BFG T/A KD's and they are really sticky with responsive walls and no tramming. The car tracks as if it had power steering. Not sure how the two models are related but I am happy with my BFG's.

I have the KD's on my 17's right now and I love them too! One burn out and they get pretty sticky for a street tire. I know the KD's aren't really close in price to the Sports though. I think the sport is more of a all season tire isn't it? The KD's are a summer/dry weather tire only.

Guy

I know the KD's aren't really close in price to the Sports though. I think the sport is more of a all season tire isn't it? The KD's are a summer/dry weather tire only.

The Sports are a performance summer tire as well. The KD's don't come in any size under 18". You may be thinking of KDW's, which are quite a bit more expensive (40%) and noisy. According to the reviews they are better than the Sports but not enough to offset the extra cost. The Sports are actually one of the best rated tires for the price.

- Greg -

The Sports are a performance summer tire as well. The KD's don't come in any size under 18". You may be thinking of KDW's, which are quite a bit more expensive (40%) and noisy. According to the reviews they are better than the Sports but not enough to offset the extra cost. The Sports are actually one of the best rated tires for the price.

- Greg -

Nope I have the KD's on my 17's, they are 225/45/17. The tire rack has these tires all the way down to 205/50/15's and all the way up to 295/35/18's. The KD is a summer dry weather tire and the KDW is a summer dry/wet weather tire.

i went to costco to buy these on sunday, and the bastard wouldn't honor the price, said that hte other guy made a mistake, and the $60 rebate doesn't apply to g-force sports. I had the quote written up by the other guy too, this one wouldn't honor it.

♥♥♥♥'em

Sorry Aux if we kind of hijacked the post. To get back into useful information mode.

Check out these Sumitomo HTRZ tires. Someone else on here (memory fails me now) bought these about three months ago so you can possibly get a review of them. The price is right and they are based heavily on the Dunlop D40-M2 tires which kicked @ss in the late 90's and early 00's.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Sumitomo&tireModel=HTR+Z

Very odd... BFG's website only lists 3 sizes (18"), DiscountTireDirect only lists one size (low stock 17") and Tirerack lists a huge selection between 15" and 18".

Not trying to be argumentative... just seems none of the big online sites agree with one another, including the manufacturer. I was thinking maybe they discontinued them in smaller sizes.

Anyway, like you said this isnt about those tires it's about BFG Sports and they are a fantastic and well-priced tire.

- Greg -

You might want to check out the Kumho Ecsta MX. I picked up a set of 225/50-16 at Tire Rack for about $90 per tire delivered. I had my local tire store mount them for $40. Total of $400 for the set.

Just had them out on the track for the first time. Very fun tire! Good grip (better than my previous ES100s) and very predictable break away. Braking was noticeably better than the ES100s.

I don't expect great wear from them, but so far they seem pretty comparable to the ES100s. With a few track days per season and the rest just fun weekend driving, I've pretty much accepted that I'll be buying a new set of tires annually. At least I get to experiment more :)

They look a bit "beefier" than the ES100s, and I found I had a little more rubbing on the fenders in the rear. I finally cut the inside lips and all is good now.

Lastly, they don't squirm when driving on the grooved freeways we have around here. The ES100s were terrible for that. Nothing like big blocks of rubber for a dry-weather-only performance street tire!

• 1 year later...

I figured I'd bump up this thread with an update. For reference, the car is 100% stock.

After that post 2 years ago, I got these tires put on my daily driver mazda 3s, in 205/55/16, which is the stock factory tire size. So far I put 27k on the tires, they probably have another 8k miles left in them

However, the problems... once I rotated front to back, I got severe road noise between 45-70mph in the front. Tires have been rebalanced several times, alignment's fine (was slightly off in the front, not enough to cause a problem, and rear was fine). Several america tire locations said it was cupping due to suspension travel (car's bone stock, shocks are good)

I figured it'd wear in, drove a few thousand miles, rotated the tires to see if the issue would go away.... nope, now it's present on all 4! I'm lost, and at this point, next set of tires won't be directional.