HybridZ

My craigslist ad

SuperDan

• Administrators

My ad reads

Nissan RB20DET 5 Speed Transmission - $200

Reply to: sale-362914997@craigslist.org

Date: 2007-06-29, 7:26AM PDT

I have and RB20det 5 speed transmission that came with a complete swap. Runs through the gears fine and seems to be in good shape.

Local pickup only.

I get an email

Does the swap include ecu, wiring harness, mass air

flow,

turbo, manifolds and everything, or is it missing

anything. Is the motor a red or blk top and how many

miles was om it

My response

Sure does! It was just re-built about 500 miles ago and I put new GT2871 turbo on it.

Im sorry though, I just sold it like 15 min ago.

:rolleyesg

• Administrators

What is it about Craig’s list. It is worse than WalMart.

I’m parting out the Q-45, posted it on Craigs list and I get this…

To: sale-339101920@craigslist.org

Subject: ’96 Infiniti Q-45, Black on Black, Parting out

Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 19:23:38 EDT

hi,

I have an infiniti 91, q45 that I lost the key for. Tomorrow I"m going to DMV to put the registration in my name, only had the car since 5/17. My sister tried to be kind to the homeless with clothes and food, and they have rewarded us by taking our only car key . What a shame that one can't help someone these days without getting ripped off ! If you'd sell me the key cheap, I"d appreciate it, if you don't need it anymore , I can show you paperwork to prove it's my car if you want .

Let me know, thanks alot.

Maria

The graciousness of the homeless. Oh, and good thing she has paperwork proving ownership of her Q to purchase my key?!?!?

My response..

Maria,

Just curious as to why you think my ’96 key will work in your ’91 car? Keys are cut with different combinations for a reason. You have a better chance at winning the Mega Bucks lottery than my key working in your car. Trust me on this.

You are much better off going directly to Infiniti of Beaverton with your car, and they will be able to cut a key that will work.

Good luck.

• Administrators
I would have sold them the key!

I really didn’t want them coming out to our shop incase they rewarded us by removing some of our other valuables, if you know what I mean…

My ad reads

Nissan RB20DET 5 Speed Transmission - $200

No offence, but why are you using an engine code to describe a transmission?

If you are selling an FS5W71-C transmission ( for example ), then surely describing it as such will be less likely to cause confusion?

• Administrators

If you are selling an FS5W71-C transmission ( for example ), then surely describing it as such will be less likely to cause confusion?

Well, out of the 11 emails I have gotten this is the only one that seemed to think he was getting the whole engine, trans etc for $200.

All the others have wanted to know "will it fit my" toyota, mazda, MG, hummer, briggs and stratton etc.

A lot of people wouldn't know the exact name of the transmission they're looking to buy (I know a little dumb) so mentioning the engine it works with makes it easier to identify.