HybridZ

So much for the indestructable R200

zthis

You know we had a guy from NZ the other day say that they can get ARB lockers for the R200. This would be THE KICK ASS DIFF for drag racers, in my opinion. You drive to the track with an open diff. Push a button and its a spool. Do your runs completely locked, then push the button again and drive home. These things are VERY popular with the rock crawling crowd, so I'm sure they'd handle a high hp drag launch. I'd love to see one of you guys try it. I'm guessing it might even be cheaper than a Quaife, you'd probably have to have one ordered from Oz if they're not stocked anywhere in the US.

That was my friend Phizinza.. hes actually from Oz, not NZ.. (we are subaru buddies, but old gen soobs.. so I cant give any positive answers on the soob rear end questions.)

His thought was to try to get datsun guys and subaru guys together on a potential buy-in, if i am not mistaken.

You know we had a guy from NZ the other day say that they can get ARB lockers for the R200. This would be THE KICK ASS DIFF for drag racers, in my opinion. You drive to the track with an open diff. Push a button and its a spool. Do your runs completely locked, then push the button again and drive home. These things are VERY popular with the rock crawling crowd, so I'm sure they'd handle a high hp drag launch. I'd love to see one of you guys try it. I'm guessing it might even be cheaper than a Quaife, you'd probably have to have one ordered from Oz if they're not stocked anywhere in the US.

Great idea, anyone wanna contact them directly and see if they make one for the R200? Heres the links etc...

http://www.arbusa.com/alac/alsp/Air_Locker_S&P_Manual.pdf

Contact: http://arb.com.au/hocris_data/forms.php?type=int_contact

Terry

what would be really cool is if it was automatic, Like some sport suspension's are ... linked to engine rpms. If you spend so many seconds above say 3500-4000 it automaticly locks it in.and with a full manual switch so its just locked all the time. Or linked to a first and second gear switch so it turned off later. since it's mostly needed just for the launch.

Sorry to get back on topic for a second but would there be anything

wrong with just welding the pin so that it doesn't wear in the housing

I suggested that to Garrett when this happened to him, I don't think anyone has actually tried it yet. One obstacle may be the strength of the weld on the carrier, as I think it is cast iron and not steel.