HybridZ

ROTA wheels RB 16x8

http://rotawheel.com/rb1.htm

Should already be out... also the 17X8.5 is out. I'm currently in contact with Kim Bong @ Cosmic to see how many people they need to run widths in excess of 8.5 in.

Her last reply, yesterday:

Hi

Yes we can make the widths more than 8.5 If it is a lot of demand.

Yes Our mail order can give discount for 20 wheels or more.

Kim

My response:

How much demand would you need, how do we get the wider widths in action, how long would it take? What kind of discount for 20 wheels all Rota RB 17x8.5? Thanks

I'd be very interested in a set of 15X10 rotas RB's with +4 offset. This would be perfect for the Hoosier 275/35-15. Would anyone else be interested? The 15" RB's clear 12.2" wilwood brakes, so I think it would make a nice affordable track wheel.

Justin

Honestly I will go either way. I'd like a 17X10 or a 15X10. The new hoosier radial is the perfect tire for a road racing 240z. 275/35-15. I'd love to run them, but its hard to find a wheel that will clear wilwood 12.2" brakes. The 15" Rota Rb's do clear, hence my interest. I e-mailed Kim about it and am waiting on the response.

Justin

Should already be out... also the 17X8.5 is out. ...

I don't think they're actually out yet...but it should be soon. Rota's main web page now say's the new wheels are coming in July, but I think they started saying they would come out in May http://rotawheel.com/. Kim told me that my order for 17x8.5's has been placed and to date and I haven't heard any updates. I sent another email for an update.

I don't think they're actually out yet...but it should be soon. Rota's main web page now say's the new wheels are coming in July, but I think they started saying they would come out in May http://rotawheel.com/. Kim told me that my order for 17x8.5's has been placed and to date and I haven't heard any updates. I sent another email for an update.

if you dont mind me asking how much did you pay for you RB's? and what size tires are you planning to run?

thanks

rob

What wheel setup would work best on an 82 S130? Will the RBs that have the 4 lug setup work directly with the s130 without lug converters or spacers? Currently my s130 is 1 inch lowered; what wheel setup would be best for clearance and no rubbing.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I talked to 18Racing about the RB-r's and they sent me a picture. They RB-r's look completely identical to my old Konig rewinds so I decided not to get them. They are only available in Bronze(Polished lip) Flat black and Hyper black I believe and +10 offset like you said.

She said sometime in August they will have silver with polished lip in +4 offset but who knows how long it will end up being.

heres the picture she sent me of the RB-r's

RBR-16X8-4-RBRNZ.jpg