HybridZ

what does a solid front differential mount sound like?!

proxlamus©

I did the same thing, but I'm starting to suspect that my diff pin is failing...solid front mount and uerethane mustache bar mounts, and it still clunks on shifts and jerks really hard when just cruising...I haven't had a chance to take the cover off and look at it, and probably won't until after I get out of grad school.

A solid mount will sing a little bit as the gear carrier is less isolated. If your getting more vibs than you expected check your DS ujoints, balance, and running angles/axis. I only mention it as mine is very rigid too being the pinion is trapped from the top and bottom. I really spent the time setting up the DS. After doing so running the car on jack stands without the halfshafts installed to fully isolate any variations from a possible missalignment mistake. It runs very smooth. About the only frequency experienced must be from the actual ring and pinion gear mesh itself which is nothing more than a slight sound at speed.

The solid differential mount will crack your differential crossmember to pieces.

The solid front differential mount was only meant to be used along with a "solid" rear mustache bar and mounting ears.

DO NOT USE THE SOLID FRONT DIFF MOUNT ALONE.

This is one of a few NO-NOs that can get you into trouble on the S-30 "performance" parts list.

I have the solid front diff mount and loud exhaust. can't hear anything different except no more clunk when shifting, but my old mount was like bubble gum from a pinion leak. Havn't noticed any cracking or problems and I am very hard on it. But now, I am wondering where to get a set of solid mustache bar mounts? anyone? peace

I have the solid front diff mount and loud exhaust. can't hear anything different except no more clunk when shifting, but my old mount was like bubble gum from a pinion leak. Havn't noticed any cracking or problems and I am very hard on it. But now, I am wondering where to get a set of solid mustache bar mounts? anyone? peace

You can have a machinist make you some. They're pretty simple to do from aluminum on a lathe.