HybridZ

Home made - ajustable cam sprocket

Noddle

Are you building either of those and selling them? If so, do we need to supply core gears and how far out are they?

No,

But I though others may want to make there own since they're expensive to buy

Nigel

Wouldn't the slots need to be in the gear and front plate need just drilled holes?

Maybe I'm not understanding how the cam gear adjusts, but it looks like those pictured are just a large, slotted washer.

EDIT: Doh, i see the Cam alignment hole now, duh. I think if you had drill press or mill and and indexing head these would be very easy to manufacture. Sadly I have neither...

I've been playing with autocad and came up with this,

It's rough, but since I never had a autocad class in my life, I thought I've done a good job, there is no cam pin hole, as I have not looked at what degree it needs to be set to yet,

two pictures, one is for a template, for drilling the holes on the cam sprocket and the "insert", the other is for the "insert", since I'm not a machinist, I don't know if the holes can be "cut" i.e., laser , water, etc. or need to be drilled and machined / filed.

template.bmp

insert.bmp

maybe some one out there wants to give it a go.

Nigel

Looks just like the adj. cam gear I had on my L6, made by Malvern Racing...

Could be, have never seen one from them,

pricing for a new one on a Japanese site , about 16,800 yen, or US $140 or AU $160, with out freight or I have seen them for sale here in Oz for about $200,

as my first post said "maybe good for the person on a tight budget",

I'm sure if you had access to the equipment (lathe / drills / tap), you could make them a lot cheaper,

one thing I did not say, the measurement may need to be confirmed, as they may not be 100% accurate

links for the prices I used

http://www.kameariengineworks.co.jp/catalogue-P12.pdf

http://www.datsport.com/Heads_valves_camshafts.html

Nigel