HybridZ

Forged Piston Specs?

z_cars_rule

Hello fellow Zeders.

I am building up a nice L28 for my 260Z.

One thing i am stalled on is finding the specs i need for the pistons, I am aiming for flat tops, 0.040 overbore, stock L28 crank, Stock rods.

I need all the info i can get. I searched but most of the limited info is for stroker motors.

I want to get as close to sitting flush as i can.

I will post up later with exactly what information the manufacturer requires to make them.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I recently saw a classified (won't reveal where...) where the guy was selling 'forged cast pistons'....

/sarcasam on/

Best of both worlds, eh? Forged for durability, Cast for low cost and tight bore clearances...

/sarcasam off/

I am sorry for my vagueness, i was on my way to bed when i posted, thought i gave enough info...

well its going to be an NA L28, running triple webber 45s,

aiming for 10.5:1 static CR, F54 block,

N42 head with un-shrouded valves, 5 angle valve job, light P+P. the better+shorter valve stem seals etc. Depending on how good the shop is, i might go for the 38mm exhaust valves, and some fairly serious porting.

Exhaust is headers into 2.5" full system with one muffler.

cam is most likely going to be either of these:

intake+exhaust duration 292 (225@0.075); .495 lift

OR

intake+exhaust duration 282 (232@0.075); .518 lift

Going to be mainly NA, but with the very occasional spray of nitrous, going direct port wet setup. MSD ignition. probly max 125 shot.

Using prepped stock rods, so what ever sized gudgeon pin suits them.

1 fast z:

Those are the sort of things that i do not know, or have experience with, and the sort of information i need to attain from people who have had pistons made, if there is anyone out there.

The AZC pistons are not really an option for me, I am in Australia, so I was going to go to a manufacturer here and see what they can do for me.

If there is anything else I can add to be more helpful, or anyone with some of the missing information, please post up.

Thanks,

Chris.