HybridZ

What is this part?

I decided to take a look at the suspension of my 1972 240z (with 83 motor, tranny and r200) which I purchased last week. I noticed the circled part was missing on the passenger's side. What is this part called? I'm thinking this is bad driving around with out this.

link3.jpg

Thanks!!

The back side of the bushing along with the washer and nut are missing. The rod is just sticking out. How much for your extra set, is it new? I'm in SD too, let me know. Thanks all for your help guys!

tension control rod bushings. and yes, very important. is it the whole rod that's missing, or just the nut/washer/bushing? if you can find a washer and nut, i have a full spare set of poly TC bushings for you.

Looks like you have urethane bushings on both sided of the rod. Thats kinda a no no, as it doesn't allow proper flex and will snap the rod. Make sure that you still have a full length of thread on the rod, because it may have snapped and thats why they're missing.

Found a 240z with "like new" rods and bushings at the junk yard, Ecology, in SD off the 905 East, both for 30 bucks. I installed the entire rod on the one missing the washer and nut.

For anyone in SD CA looking to upgrade their front brakes, the 240Z had both front larger calipers and rotors, in very good condition.