HybridZ

Found On Ebay 240z L28et Hybrid Downpipe Worth Buying?

REISHOKIN240Z

I charge anywhere from $400 to $1,000 for an exhaust - not including the muffler. Turbo cars are usually a bit cheaper because you don't need a merge collector like below:

MergeCollector-1.jpg

Does anyone think you can get something like this from a muffler shop for $300?

Spec944Exhaust-4.jpg

Spec944Exhaust-2.jpg

I charge anywhere from $400 to $1,000 for an exhaust - not including the muffler. Turbo cars are usually a bit cheaper because you don't need a merge collector like below:

MergeCollector-1.jpg

Does anyone think you can get something like this from a muffler shop for $300?

Spec944Exhaust-4.jpg

Spec944Exhaust-2.jpg

My opinion? Beautiful stuff and reasonably priced. I've built enough "Street" cars to know what stainless systems with mandrel bends cost. Sure, you don't need it for a garaged and never seen rain kinda car that only runs on the street once in a while, but race cars or year round cars in some climates require a bit more.

Racers have been using springs like that to hold slip jointed headers and collectors together since the 1940s. They allow everything to expand an contract and make it quick and easy to R&R the exhaust components. They springs do "ring" at certain rpms and often, when you're removing or replacing them, they shoot out of your pliers and hide under things.