HybridZ

RARE FIND,whats it worth??

G.I.jonas

Well my lucky ass friend found some old guy first and only owner of a 72 240z with 67,000 miles.The car was used sparingly through the 70's and was parked in a barn from 83 until now.Sorry no pics yet,but it is green,no rust,underhood looks like new,no cracks in dash(or anything),and the seats are just starting to show wear.The guy was actually lined up at one point to sell the car to a dealer for that thing they did with the nissan factory refurbished z's,but decided to keep it.Now the part that makes me hate him,the guy is looking at this like he's clearing a spot in the barn,not selling an valuable antique,my friend is getting the car next week for $1000 after talking the guy down from $1200 lol.He is a master mechanic and is planning to get the car going and sell it,however he wants me to get some opinions what it might be worth.I will have some pics by next week and he will probablt let me post it for sale so this is an op for someone here to get a sweet z.

sounds like what happened to the i am STILL trying to get they are the original owners and drove it mostly throught the 70's to 1989 (when i was born) and let it sit in their garage till it was moved to where its at now. btw i only am going to pay 100$ for mine

*cozy z cole* says i didnt answer the question so

0$-3000$ or part it out

sounds like what happened to the i am STILL trying to get they are the original owners and drove it mostly throught the 70's to 1989 (when i was born) and let it sit in their garage till it was moved to where its at now. btw i only am going to pay 100$ for mine

That's a good answer to his question he posed in the title of this thread...:hs:

LARRY

Post some pics. Will give guys a better idea

Some people's idea of "no rust" is different from mine.

I personnaly wouldn't pay more than 3-5 thousand for what you are talking about. If it is so original that it is a restoration candidate, then someone might pay over $10k. But I am not that someone.

Some people's idea of "no rust" is different from mine.

I personnaly wouldn't pay more than 3-5 thousand for what you are talking about. If it is so original that it is a restoration candidate, then someone might pay over $10k. But I am not that someone.

Understood.My idea of rust free would be this car,basically a couple of spot welds starting to cancer about the size of a pea?It is definately a resto candidate and your approximations sound about right to me.

BTW...

WTF!!! does that even mean?

Understood.My idea of rust free would be this car,basically a couple of spot welds starting to cancer about the size of a pea?It is definately a resto candidate and your approximations sound about right to me.

BTW...

WTF!!! does that even mean?

i was just sayin that i am in the same situation you are in sorta. i was just typing out the .a$$

sounds like what happened to the one i am STILL trying to get they are the original owners and drove it mostly throught the 70's to 1989 (when i was born) and let it sit in their garage till it was moved to where its at now. btw i only am going to pay 100$ for mine

*cozy z cole* says i didnt answer the question so

0$-3000$ or part it out

that should help a little...

i HATE it when i miss a word when i type. then i go back and look at it and think "wtf was i saying??" :)