HybridZ

Naked no more.

capt_furious

painted_front.jpg

painted_rear.jpg

I'm working on getting the trim and hardware restored now, it should look more complete in a few weeks. I'm going to clean the bumpers up and remount them, and I'm in the process of repainting the tail panels.

Not sure if I'm keeping the airdam or not. The front valence is mostly repainted, the center section needs to be finished and then the BRE style urethane airdam will go on.

What do I need for painting urethane? I'm using aerosol cans. Is there a special primer, specific types of paint in spraycans, or am I pretty much SOL and have to take it to a shop where they'll use regular paint with a flex additive?

I'm up in the air about the rear trim. Part of me is saying paint it body color, the other part is saying go back to stock(I'm painting over the chrome since it's shot, unless someone's got a good set they'll let go cheap). I've tinted one reverse light already, and I like the results, just not sure how it'll look.

Lots yet to do. Let me know what you think, the more feedback, the better.

Colours look a lot nicer together than I thought they would, congrats.

I think go black or the dark grey for the rear panel, I think it will help break the colour up a bit more. (Or even use the Carbon fibre ones from Aziza)

I think keep the front dam,

Don't forget, these are MY opinions, which mean SQUAT when it comes to your car, so do what feels right for you.

like the stripe. my 2 cents, paint the tail panel black, keep the air dam-paint it white. don't forget [if it's urethane] to fab a center reinforcement bracket. go from the lower rad support [below where the center of the grill attaches] to the center bottom of the air dam.

That was quick. That is one of the more tasteful stripes I have seen on a Z. Brings out the lines well.

A BRE front spoiler is an absolutely classic Z car look. I have that same airdamn but they always make the front look too long and blockish when compared to the sweep under look of a clean Z front end. But that look sucks aerodynamically, so the BRE front spook is a great solution.

I think black or dark grey rear panel would look excellent. Better yet, with those colors, a carbon fiber rear panel and bumpers would be an extremely sharp look.