HybridZ

Scam Help Sale Got Cert Check In Mail Help!!!

v80z

I have my car for sale here and autocross.us and on the Virginia Hampton Roads Craigslist.

I got a few bolier plate emails from someone whose english wasn't quite up to snuff about how I should consider my car sold and the check was being delivered. Today I am doing the bills and an envelope appears with a Deutschland 1 euro stamp on it containing a check for $11,400.00. I suppose this is to cover the my price plus the cost of shipping.

Now dont think for a minute that I think this is real.

The check is a typed cashiers check from Navy federal Credit Union.

http://www.navyfcu.org

My question is "What should I do now?"

I have my car for sale here and autocross.us and on the Virginia Hampton Roads Craigslist.

I got a few bolier plate emails from someone whose english wasn't quite up to snuff about how I should consider my car sold and the check was being delivered. Today I am doing the bills and an envelope appears with a Deutschland 1 euro stamp on it containing a check for $11,400.00. I suppose this is to cover the my price plus the cost of shipping.

Now dont think for a minute that I think this is real.

The check is a typed cashiers check from Navy federal Credit Union.

http://www.navyfcu.org

My question is "What should I do now?"

They have a toll free phone number on their web page, give them a call and see what they say. As you say the check is probably part of a scam.

My wife's idenity has been stolen big time. People have sent the checks to us and damn if they dont look real! I call the bank and the police and it seems like no one even gives a crap! So far about 50,000 in checks. Look for the fine print that the lines are made of, plus water marks and the thickness of the paper. Over enthusium is another marker. If you say the name is misspelled and there willing to reissue with out a return of old one. And call the bank, do a search on the person see if a diffenent number comes up and call the guy. It would be so easy to get these guys cuse they have to take delievey! oh well.

I would be afraid to touch it.

But it would seem like as long as you are not in a hurry you could try to see if the check will cash.

Talk to your own bank. Maybe you can open a new account and deposit it, then wait 2 MONTHS to make sure nothing comes back bad on it. If it works, then ship the car.

I don't think the bank it is written on tells you anything. Doesn't really matter who you steal a check from.

The only scam I am aware of is the one where they send you more money than you are asking for. Then they say to send a portion of the check to someone else for what ever reason and you keep the rest along with shipping the car. The bank cashes the check. 10 Days later, the check is found to be no good and you, not the person that sent the check will be held liabel for the check.

Your bank is trained in this type of thing and can check out the source of the check for you if needed.

Today I am doing the bills and an envelope appears with a Deutschland 1 euro stamp on it containing a check for $11,400.00.

I am a NFCU member and here is a list of the branches overseas:

~Bahrain

~Cuba

~Diego Garcia

~Greece

~Guam

~Hong Kong

~Iceland

~Italy

~Japan

~Singapore

~Spain

I don't see Germany on here?!

I would call or stop by with the check and have them verify first:

Hampton Branch

50 Hampton Club Dr

Hampton, Virginia

866-818-6233

If it is fake chances are the return address, if there is even one, is not legit. Also if the check is typed and not printed from a printer then it's fake. Believe me I have had plenty of NFCU bank checks cut and seen them grab it from the "special" printer.

How much is left to cover the shipping?

Good luck and keep us posted.