HybridZ

Anyone else have problems with camber plates hitting hood?

Hope someone might have a bit of insite on this. I installed the TTT (very nice, btw) and the car is now being reassembled prior to final paint. Today the painter called up and let me know that the underside of the hood frame is hitting the tops of the camber plates (where the bolts mount thru the plate to the top of the suspension).

Anyone else run in to this? Also, should have new pics of the Z following soon.

Bryan

i may know the answer. those look very close to the azcar camber plates. according to the azcar web page you needed to weld them to the top of the strut towers. certain bolts for the plate will then be too high and hit the hood. the answer is to weld them so that the top is even with the top of the strut tower. i am not sure how yours are installed though. you may be able to find lower profile bolts that bolt the aluminum adjuster to the plate, like a button head bolt.

jimbo

Guys:

Thanks again for the input. When we installed the plates, we did bend the corner to match the profile of the hood. I'm looking into the idea of lower profile bolts as we speak - good idea.

Yorgee, I think that you hit it on the head. We're looking at slotting the hood frame to keep from hitting the tops of the towers. I'll be over at the shop today to take pics.

Thanks again for the input.

Bryan

Well mine are ground control, they bolt in (from the underside) and had no clearance issues with the hood but the adapter / sleeve / collar GC sent to make them work with my Konis allowed the struts to stick up enough that they (the struts) hit the hood. Another call or two to GC and they sent me some others that worked better.