HybridZ

WTB: JTR manual

• Administrators

Call me cheap.. because I am :mrgreen:

Slammed,

To be honest with you, just step up and pay the full asking price for a new JTR manual. It is only $40 and it is a manual that will become your Z car bible. If $40 for a book that walks you through the entire V-8 Z car conversion is that big of a financial burden, then you can rest assured the rest of the V-8 conversion will put you in bankruptcy. Have you added up the price of a custom exhaust system, headers, radiator, having a Chevy driveline shortened with new U-joints, mounts, misc. hoses, belts etc that you will need? $40 is just a drop in the bucket.

The information that Mike Knell took the time to pioneer, organize, and publish for us, (the JTR manual), doesn’t it only make sense that everyone wanting to use the JTR manual for their V-8 conversion purchase it new as a show of thanks to him for his time and effort helping us with our hobby? He isn’t getting rich selling those manuals, but every one sold does help and is incentive for him to keep publishing them and updating them as he has over the years.

Also, the $40 that you will spend on the book is truly an investment. There will be no other $40 spent on your entire V-8 conversion project that will bring the value that the JTR manual has to offer. Think of it as an integral part of the V-8 conversion. Trust me, once you read through it, you’ll understand.

Here you go, order away…

Click ME for the JTR manual...

Good luck,

Paul

I'll echo what BRAAP said, and I'll add this - if you're too cheap to spend $40 on that book, then you'll be too cheap to do this swap in anything close to the "right" way as well. I'd reconsider your thoughts or just throw in the towel right now.

Think what a trip to the parts store will cost in the last hours of the swap - My bet is that you'll spend way more than $40. And if you buy the JTR book, you'll find many ways to SAVE multiple times that $40 dollars.

Dang guys, just wanted to save a happy meal or two :P

My last couple builds were no expense spared, so don't think I cut corners. Here's my jeep I built in 3 days.

4kc2rna.jpg

Brought her home, waited a week.

And the following weekend, from 5pm Friday, to 11pm Sunday.

6b9k0ae.jpg

Just because I want to save a couple bucks here and there DOES NOT mean that things "can't" be done or "won't" be done right. Im only 18, working 45-50 hours a week. I appreciate money :P

Well, we've seen people ask for xerox copies of the manual. It's always false economy not to have the right documentation.

The other issue is that people that do the swap and buy the manual don't want to sell theirs. So the supply is not so huge anyway :).

$40 is 2 magazine subscriptions, a few cartons of cigarettes, a few cases of beer, maybe one fillup of the tank here in the US.

Understood - Just remember Mike Knell and company continue to grow this swap and others. Years ago, if you wanted a pinion flange yoke for a 2.0" R200 diff, you had to make one yourself. Now Mike found a supplier. I was glad to see that - and gladly bought one as I had sold mine with the driveshaft and trans... I doubt you'll ever see the JTR guys get rich on this stuff. So think of it as supporting the ongoing V8 swap stuff they do.

Cheers,

I can certainly appreciate the fact that you work hard for the cash you bring home, but I have to agree with the rest of the responses. Cough up the 40 smackers and support one of the people who really has put a lot into the development of making these special and unique cars even more exciting. Besides, certainly you could save some cash on some other area of your project, right??? (I saved over a hundred bucks on a set of block hugger headers still in box.)

Additionally, if you have the copy of the JTR book on hand, it will make a lot more sense of the "ocean" of information that is in this forum....

www.jagsthatrun.com