HybridZ

Takin' it to the street !

deja

Well I couldn't stand it any longer. I've been doing nothing but dash building for weeks and needed inspiration. So this afternoon one of my buddies came over and we bled the brakes. I tested the brakes by pulling forward and back but then decided I was taking it on a short ride. Damn this thing is noisy with just the block huggers and the fumes..... The first pull it didn't seem to want to shift. I stopped and took off again and it shifted fine. It seemed to be a bit lacking on power at partial throttle but when it reached higher RPMs (no clue what since I didn't have the gauges hooked up) it took off like a rocket, yahoo :-P. I do not have O2 sensors installed yet so that might have something to do with the somewhat erratic performance. The whole thing was over in less that 5 minutes and I pulled it back in the garage before the neighbors called the cops, LOL. One thing that is bothering me is a clanging or banging sound coming from the right rear only when I back up. I will crawl under it tomorrow and see if I can see anything obvious. I'm fired up again. I think I'll head down to the muffler shop and see when I can get the exhaust work done. I plan on using most of the old pipes from the old 350 setup and changing the tail pipes to exit on both sides instead of only the driver's side. Of course I will have them install the O2 sensers.

http://www.dejavideo.net/280z8/first-run.wmv

Yeah, your neighbors aren't the only ones there Dudeboy...hehe

and Deja, I know what you mean...I just started mine with no exhaust system (straight open turbo), still on the stands, ran it through all the gears on the 2004R and the wheels actually turned. No grinding, no binding, what a rush. Never been through an automatic tranny before this one and it looks like all the beefing up I did to it seems to be right. It goes on the ground this weekend and to the exhaust shop for the downpipe mods next week...then, it's CRUISE CITY. Gotta love when a plan FINALLY comes together.

Warren

Yeah, your neighbors aren't the only ones there Dudeboy...hehe

and Deja, I know what you mean...I just started mine with no exhaust system (straight open turbo), still on the stands, ran it through all the gears on the 2004R and the wheels actually turned. No grinding, no binding, what a rush. Never been through an automatic tranny before this one and it looks like all the beefing up I did to it seems to be right. It goes on the ground this weekend and to the exhaust shop for the downpipe mods next week...then, it's CRUISE CITY. Gotta love when a plan FINALLY comes together.

Warren

Congrats on getting that tranny done and mounted. I know its been a struggle.

I am so jealous !!!! That had to be fun. My neighbors are waiting for me to drive down the street !!!!( Most of the neighbors are car guys with there on projects).

I was shocked nobody came outside to see what all the noise was about.

Congrats on getting that tranny done and mounted. I know its been a struggle.

OH, the tranny mounting wasn't the struggle, everything else OTHER than the car has been though. Life takes funny turns from time to time. I'm just glad to have it all done. Now comes the fun part, driving and enjoying the damned thing.

Warren

Very cool, Dale! Good to see that car going down the road again:cheers:

Thanks Ryan. You were right, the suspension dropped a little more after the short run. Still need to get an alignment though. I'm a little concerned about that weird noise coming from the right rear when I'm backing up. I haven't had a chance to investigate yet.

congrats on starting it up. I'm so frustrated right now because like always it takes longer than expected and my car is in parts waiting for me to come home from college. The bad thing is is that all I have to do is wire it up. I at least wanted to hear a put before I left for school. Come on fall break!!! haha.

p.s. your video inspired me to get home

congrats on starting it up. I'm so frustrated right now because like always it takes longer than expected and my car is in parts waiting for me to come home from college. The bad thing is is that all I have to do is wire it up. I at least wanted to hear a put before I left for school. Come on fall break!!! haha.

p.s. your video inspired me to get home

I hear ya, I wish I had school as an excuse, LOL. I still need to finish the new dash and tail lights, get exhaust and figure out how to hook the AC pieces together before I can claim readability.

Great stuff, Deja!!!!! Nothing beats the feeling of the monster coming alive, eh? Congratulations (and to Warren..don't want to steal the thread) :o)

Wayne

Hopefuuly I will have in a SE8 and actually make a run this time. How's that beast of your's running these days?

Nice video Deja,

Hopefully it will be all finished up in time for the DNR shootout.

Have you smoked the tires yet?

John

No smoke, that run was just a test to see what was or wasn't working. After i get the exhaust and O2 sensors installed we'll see if those Falken tires can stand up to the LT1!

Thanks Ryan. You were right, the suspension dropped a little more after the short run. Still need to get an alignment though. I'm a little concerned about that weird noise coming from the right rear when I'm backing up. I haven't had a chance to investigate yet.

Interesting... I would go over everything again in the rear to make sure it's tight. Hope it's something simple.