HybridZ

How much does an L28ET weigh?

Matt K

I bought an L28ET to swap into my '82 slicktop. I'm trying to arrange the shipping (painful & expensive!) and need to know how much the engine weighs (approximately). Engine with accessories, intake, turbo, ecu, engine wiring harness. No tranny, no flywheel or clutch. To those who have shipped engines before, who did you use & how much did it cost you? Trying to ship from Atlanta to Albuquerque.

BS, somebody else obviously has no reading comprehension. Show me anything on that page that says L28ET? Not an L24E with carbs...Thanks for the "help".

React like that to another member of the forum and see how much help you're going to get from anyone else...

BS, somebody else obviously has no reading comprehension. Show me anything on that page that says L28ET? Not an L24E with carbs...Thanks for the "help".

So, how much difference do you think there will be in weight between a 'complete 2.8 turbo engine' and a 'complete 2.4 N/A engine'. If you take into account 20lbs for the turbo... you'll be pretty darn close. Throw in another 20 for the wiring/ECU/... and you can add an estimated 0-40lbs to your 390lbs base figure.

So in response to your first post, after compiling the info Tony so kindly supplied, your engine to be shipped will weigh approximately 400-450lbs.

If you are not familiar enough with these engines and couldn't make this deduction, maybe you should use kinder words to request an explanation of someone's 5 minute response to your 'searchable query'. Dang, 5 minutes, that's almost emergency response time quick... some people have to wait days to get a response to questions like this.

The search noob answer is not a good way to keep people sticking around. While I GREATLY appreciate any help, I didn't appreciate the snide comments that TonyD posted on both the forums I asked this on. The reason I asked is I already searched & didn't find the answer I was looking for. The shipping company wanted $1000 initially to pick up at the seller's house & drop off at the terminal here for a 500 pound item. That price was a lot less going from a business address, and was a hair over $500 for a 300 pound item. I just need to be accurate so I don't get screwed with these crooks!