HybridZ

Weathertrip Kit

Guest kcoke

I wouldn't trust that no-brand ebay kit. The MSA one is probably the best kit out there now. I bought the kit that Precision sells from datsunstore.com(no longer carries it) and I'm sorta happy with it. Everything went in just fine, but the doors and trunk were much harder to close. But its been about 2 weeks I think and I put Napa syl-glide lubricant on all the rubber. Since 2 weeks the doors and trunk are closing much more easily than before, but its still much harder to do comparing to the original weatherstripping.

Go with the MSA kit.

i have the kit from ebay... seems fine except for the doors are harder to shut but its only been a week and its getting better allready

actually i have this kithttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DATSUN-COMPLETE-WEATHERSTRIP-KIT-DATSUN-240Z-260Z-280Z_W0QQitemZ280161574605QQihZ018QQcategoryZ33685QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Question for you guys that installed these kits, Do the Windshield and hatch glass weatherstrip have the groove for the stainless trim to insert in?

Yes. At least on my kit made by Precision. But every other kit should have it too.

I think I am going to go with black dragon! Its cheaper and it comes with the rubber sealer. Cheaper is not always better though......But stuff that I have gotten at blackdragon has been pretty good....

I just bought that E-Bay Kit by stopping by Troy's Store. MSA was out of Precision Weatherstripping Kits, so I bought the same kit from Troy (Too Intense Restorations) for $30 less than MSA wanted. I dropped it in Holland for someone, but from what I saw the kit was far better than the Trash I got from Long Motor Company (Now Black Dragon Auto) in the 80's... What can I say, old impressions die hard!

I was told the ONLY part not in that kit was the riveted on rubber pieces that go on the front of the doors. The kit Precision sells now is supposed to be 'Universal' 240-280Z.

My kit came WITH weatherstrip adhesive (Good 3M Black Adhesive)...I was amazed it made it through TSA Inspection!

The Windshield and Hatch Glass BOTH used the stainless steel trim strip, so it's exactly like the OEM in that regard.

I bought this kit from Too Intense Restorations on October 2nd, so my information is indicative of his current stock. I would not hesitate to return and buy another set. Matter of fact, for the price I probably will! LOL