HybridZ

What sort of power is made with stock cams?

1 fast z

stock cams, 20psi, 93 octane, rb25det, gt30/71r

if you can't see pic well, here's link

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=96052757&albumID=0&imageID=13750566

and i think the torque falls off at the very end because the turbo's running out of steam. we'll find out soon enough =]

that dyno's with the 3.54 rear end. i just put my 4.11 back in it and had my tuner put more fuel in up top so i sacrificed 5hp < Longevity

newest tune 20psi 93 octane_thumb.jpg

Buck up and make three passes, dude! Then you will know what you have on the monster frankenmotor...

Airflow is limited by your Z32 Turbos, whatever the guys on the Z32's have seen maxing out airflow wise will probably be near your maximum.

Then it's a port flow comparison between Z32/KA/L that will tell you loads.

Do you have the adjustable gears on your cams? If so, you may be able to tweak the camshafts for optimim usage with what you have.

Otherwise, more lift and depending on how the engine is pulling now slightly more duration and you will have a real puller on your hands.

Stock on a Neo RB25DET was in the 250 HP range, more or less depending on year. That was at .5 Bar if I recall (around 5-7 psi). Wheel HP was slightly less, but easily back up to that by the time you bumped the boost a bit.

I don't know that KJ ever took his 71 down to get the results on his 3.0L RB Conversion dynoed. Even in 2.5 Guise, it was a stout runner with a single turbo!

j-taylor what turbo are you running?

1 fast z: when i was researching cams, they recommended the kelfords which i believe are 264's with an 8.5mm lift. the tomei poncams i believe the 256's have a sub 9mm lift as well (not sure off the top of my head exactly the mm). basically the consensus i got was anything over a 9mm lift, and you're gonna need your head machined, and definately would be a good idea to get springs. then if you're getting your head milled and springs why not get ferrea valves as well. AND THEN if i'm gonna do all that, then i might as well delete the lifters and go cam on valve which is the advantage the 26 and rb20's have over the 25, which is why they can rev higher. you can go on and on. so realistically what's your hp goal?? stock cams can go a long way, i'd recommend your $$$$ go into other modifications before cams. just my .02

Who said anything about Z32 turbos????? I have full Twin T3's. There does become a limit on what the output of the motor can be with what cams are in. I already have regrinds, Im just debating when to install them. I will be in the 600 HP range, with or without these cams!

dunno if you could see my graph, i made it bigger hopefully it'll work

stock head/cams/ 20psi, 93 octane pump gas, gt30/71r, motor keeps making power, turbo kicks in soon but runs out of steam at 6k

Pink is 20psi with 4.11 on old tune (the recent tune after going back to my 4.11 aka my sig, we didn't print out cause the dyno was wigging out)

Blue is 20psi with 3.54 rear end

Red is 14psi with 3.54 rear end

280Z dyno when primered421-356_thumb.JPG