HybridZ

know any 510 forums ?

nbesheer

I wish I knew what a LZ22 was....sounds like my LS1 swap. lol, I will look it up. Dhale 510, you have that many 510s? Pics please. I am a huge fan. I hope this thread doesn't get trashed because of alil disagreement. I do not understand the politics in the "510" world that you and Dave must know about nor do I really care to know. Just give facts guys with no shots at one another...thanks.

Clive

The twits that rule that stuff often don't even have a 510 and have never built their own stuff even when they have had one. Buying great stuff from Steve Epperly really doesn't make you Steve Epperly you gotta know. Some experts they be.

Now go to your fancy pants experts and lecture them on how to behave instead of babbling away at your keyboard.

Hey Big D! You crack me up! I'm not one of the "twits" and I don't rule jack, but I did build my blue 510 and I'm doing my Z myself.

Gary-Blue510.jpg

http://www.dimequarterly.tierranet.com/articles/readers_dime_2_3.html

You know Kelvin did all his stuff, but can't really comment on the rest. Anyway, I have to give you credit for getting me started with my 510 and then moving on to road racing and all that stuff. It was that first time I saw "Pinkie" at Medford with the cool brakes & suspension that started me down that long and expensive road to making my 510 a supercar. :) Hope all is well and maybe we'll meet up at Laguna Seca or Sears in the near future!

Yes my name is Dennis Hale, the same one that started much of the 510 stuff out there. I still have about 10 of them. OK, maybe 9 1/2.

None have ever been stock contrary to the "facts" spread about on the Bluebird list. I built the first 280ZX front suspension car, it still runs and has been copied by many. I have made and even more, helped with, engine swaps that work, swaps that are too much effort, swaps that don't work. My 300hp midengine V8 never quite works as well as my 200hp L18 car for example, but costs a whole lot more to feed and care for. My advice comes from my experience.

I continue to advise folks to build a good L series upgrade before jumping into the much harder and always more expensive "wrong motor" pool. An LZ22 hybrid is a nearly bolt in conversion that makes almost three times the original power. Once you have outgrown that then we can talk. This is a far better deal than a L30 diesel crank Z car upgrade that works so well for so many.

My personal commitment towards 510s remains high. I only have 3 1/2 Zs and still keep 510 in my email sig. I have run the UFO club for 22 years, and am still producing an [almost] monthly newsletter for about 150 club members. The Shasta Meet was put on by this group with zero help from the Bluebird and DQ elite. The twits that rule that stuff often don't even have a 510 and have never built their own stuff even when they have had one. Buying great stuff from Steve Epperly really doesn't make you Steve Epperly you gotta know. Some experts they be.

Now go to your fancy pants experts and lecture them on how to behave instead of babbling away at your keyboard.

Dennis,

I have never had any problems with you. I don't have any now. As I said before, I don't want to get into a pissing match. I just wanted to state that 510s are not fading away fast. I think we should just move past this thead and get back to talking about Z cars. This is a Z car forum.