HybridZ

What temp is your air temp?

sfpar

Man I just got back from a little tunning run. But I didn't notice what the air temp was. I have to take my daughters friend home in a bit. I'll hook the lap top back up and take a look.

Thanks Phil. I checked mine again today and it was 86 at idle when I happened to look down. OAT was around 60 degrees.

BTW, your car is coming around. Looks great.

Finally got mine running pretty good @ 12lbs of boost. I really needed that MSD w/ boost retard. Looks like the widow will be placed in storage for a couple of years. I will be relocating to Japan. Figures, now I don't need any more parts.

My air temps are around 85 to 95 degrees. Not once I have seen over 100 yet.

Thanks Bo. I'm going to monitor mine and make sure it's about the same. BTW, What are you guys showing as your normal op temp after warmup? My car seems the run at 206 degrees and the gage needle is in the middle.

scott

today with the outside air temp at 75deg F, my coolant temp was around the 185-191deg F mark, the intake air temp never got over 51deg F.

When I feel the intake of the intercooler its hot, and the outlet feels almost cold. Like a can of soda thats been out of the fridge for 15-20 min or so?? Fricking intercooler is AWESOME!

I got into boost a few time, but did not kick the car's a$$ or anything. Mostly normal driving.

Hope that helps.

The max I've seen on the data log from the MAT (Manifold Air Temp) sensor is 46C/114.8F. That was during "heat soaked" dyno pull with ambient temps at 80F and 23psi peak boost. Laste weekend while on the freeway I logged 30C/86F at 21psi peak boost. Outside temp was around 55F.

Look at post #38 on the below thread for another example.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=121857&page=2

today with the outside air temp at 75deg F, my coolant temp was around the 185-191deg F mark, the intake air temp never got over 51deg F.

Big Phil, I'm not doubting that is what the datalogger is reading, but if ambient is 75 degrees F and in IAT is 51 F then the intercooler is running at more than 100% efficiency.

I'm wondering if you're runnning an IC sprayer? :hs: Does your methanol injection help that much? Damn!! :D

Big Phil, I'm not doubting that is what the datalogger is reading, but if ambient is 75 degrees F and in IAT is 51 F then the intercooler is running at more than 100% efficiency.

I'm wondering if you're runnning an IC sprayer? :hs: Does your methanol injection help that much? Damn!! :D

I was kinda wondering the same thing all day today after I posted that? How can my intake temp be below the temp outside?? I might have a bad intake airtemp sensor? My meth does not spary untill 14-15 psi. But when the car idles, the output of the intercooler is "cold" Can anyone confirm if its possible for this to happen?:hs::hs:

Can anyone confirm if its possible for this to happen?:hs::hs:

Big Phil, someone just called me from Roswell, New Mexico and they asked if I knew how to get a hold of you. They said they want their Intercooler back! :lmao:

Hmm...I would think that either your IAT sensor is bad, the transfer function is bad (the map of voltage vs. temp) or there is a big enough pressure drop through the IC that the air temp is dropping (which doesn't seem likely). I'm just throwing this out...I'm way less experienced than you guys are.:oops:

I have no heat shield, hood vent or turbo/DP wrap so I have a pretty bad heat soak problem on my car. On hot days the manifold air temps gets up to 120F at stoplights. During normal freeway driving it's usually about 10 to 15 deg above ambient. I just got some wrap for the DP to try and control the heat soak and I'm eventually gonna put a manifold heat shield and maybe a turbo blanket. My temp sensor is mounted on the intake manifold BTW.