HybridZ

Z31 Diff's? Anyone interested?

Hey guys and girls. I live in SoCal and have a friend that can get ahold of about 4 Z31 ( 300zx T ) CLSD's and was wondering if anyone here would be interested in buying one or two? I was also wondering, is it even worth going with these over a R200? 2 are from an automatic and two are from manuals. I would think that the automatic would be better choices as those would probably have less abuse. I'm on the fence right now as to what to do. Any thoughts would be appriciated.

( Oh and I believe they are 3.9's? I think all Z31's came with a 3.9)

these are 3.70 CLSD as long as they arent from the SS White Shiro models where those are VLSD.

I would be interested in a diff depending on the price of it. Im also in socal, Mission Viejo. Let me know your price and ill let you know if im still interested.

Wow, this is a big market all of a sudden. I don't know about shipping, but I can check this out for you. I will have him pull one or two and weigh them out. ( U need to let me know ahead of time if you want the axles too! From my reading, its well worth it to upgrade to the Z31 axles!!! )

Anyway, I'll contact him tomorrow and have him grab them all.

I'm soo sorry guys my buddy just called me and told me he found 1 88 Z31 and the others were 85 and 86. he found a few 87-89 300ZX ones, but no other z31's other then the one. And I am picking that one up. He is however talking about maybe doing the J30 3.9 VLSD swap out into the R200 and selling those. If anyone is interested please let me know. He would be using the 85 - 86 Z31 R200 longnose diffs with the J30 3.9 VLSD internals. Supposedly this is a very good combo and would make for a strong setup. He tells me though that u would have to source 88 Z31 axles for it to work, but I figure stock Z axles will work if all Z31 axles are the same except for strength.

Well, I had to make a jump on it when i heard about it. Its not like I was taking pre-orders and getting cash in hand before i even knew what they were.

I will wait next time till the parts are in hand. I didn't mean to get people's hopes up. Hell my hopes were up too! My friend makes his money off of selling parts so i told him to keep an eye out for them.

Not everyone wants a VLSD for such amount of work/price.

Well, price would be the main concern. Her would be doing the swap out himself, and these are GOOD VLSD's. They are much newer then the Z31s ( i think they are 94s or 95s.) and he himself had one in his 240sx for over 4 years with 300 wtq with no problems at all! gripped any and everytime he spun em!. But, the price to get this going would of course be more then a regular Z31 3.7. There is a write-up on these forums somewhere about doing the r200 swap out with the J30. If i can find it i will post it. It isn't much work.