HybridZ

In case anybody wondered what the Fiat bumper looks like...

TimZ

I finished this side project up a couple of weeks ago. The Fiat bumper does tuck in quite a bit closer to the car, and it only weighs 9 lbs.

Also, I made my own little LED marker/turn signals, since there was a little cutout in the bumper for them anyway. Haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do with the empty space where the old turn signals went...

fiat_bumper2.jpg

fiat_bumper3.jpg

Tim, it looks like it was made for the car! Did you end up trimming much or did it stick into place relatively easily? (ha!). Looks like it would be more sturdy than the 240Z for-show-only bumpers. Nice work, man.

Davy

It took just a small amount of trimming on the ends, and then I welded a couple of tabs on each end to replicate the stock mounting tabs for the trim pieces. Also, I had to bend the mounting plates for the stock bumper shocks to match the contour of the new bumper.

I cut about 2.5-3" out of the trim pieces, and pinned and glued the halves back together with some urethane epoxy that I got from McMaster-Carr. Painted them with some of that "paint for plastic" and they came out looking really good.

More pics from farther away?

Nice!

Thanks!

Sorry - the engine is apart right now - I had to push the car out of the garage for other reasons, so I snapped a couple of pics while it was out. I'll try to get some more when I have it all back together.