HybridZ

Gtr Pc Racing

EvilC

Well as some of you may know already. A few of us here from BHZ get together online on Sundays and race online. I wanted to see if other again would be interested in joining us. We run different tracks and right now we are running Mid Ohio. It is great practice for anyone who is planning on going to the 08 Convention. Believe it or not, the sim has helped me plenty with my driving skills and help understand the dynamics of my own car...I was sold on the sim when I was at the Daytona Convention.

For a good time and clean racing, come and join us. We have a private room that you need a password to get into. There will not be random people screwing around in the room. We use teamspeak to talk to one another during the race.

Myself, 1tuffz, cygnusx1, buzz and 2 others race every Sunday. Right now we get a good group of 8-11 guys every week. I would like to talk to Lou, who runs the server for us if we can get a "season" going. I think it would be great. Post here if you need any help with the game, tracks, pc setup or whatever you need.

The server is treated like HBZ, meant to have a good time and meet others but no BS will be allowed.

So come on out and race! Winter is here......well for us over this way.

Sunday's 9pm Eastern Time

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would totally join you guys if my computer would run the stupid game. I am hooked to all kinds of racing games. For a while I was really into Live For Speed. Maybe in a couple of months once I get a new box I will be able to join you.

Sounds like fun

it's a pc game, you need your own copy to race online [there's a s/n]. i use a playseats brand seat and a logitech pro force feedback wheel [found both on ebay]. using my pc moniter and a logitech headset with mic i picked up at best buy. the game is not perfect but is challenging and very fun. it 'knows',; cold tires, too much or too little braking [weight transfer], too much or 'unsmooth' applications of throttle-especially at lower speeds in higher hp cars, bad apexes and the 'wrong line'. once you get used to the fact that there is no 'seat of the pants feel' it's pretty realistic. the sensory imputs are through the; eyes, ears and hands. the screen does portray some 'world movement' [as you would move your eyes when entering a corner and movement of your head slightly forward/aft under braking/acceleration]. the graphics are pretty decent, modeling of the car interior, etc. there is damage, flat tires, spins, you can do burnouts, donuts, crashes, fires-anyway, you get the idea. if you want to run, you'll need; game & s/n, headset [and download teamspeak], patches for the tracks we run-mid ohio & watkins glen as well as the cars we run. when racing we all run the same car-different 'skins', like the old iroc races. no mods allowed, keeps it fun, simple and competitive!

Here is the game you need, also comes in a white box that doesn't come with GT Legends:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8435357&st=GTR+2&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1182557691492

Minimum PC System Requirements

PC Processor TypeIntel® Pentium® 4 processorPC Processor Speed1.8GHzPC Operating SystemWindows 2000, Windows XP, Windows VistaPC System Memory512MB RAMPC Hard Drive Space4.2GBPC Video64MB DirectX 8.1-compatible video card

Wheel for the PC: (any type will do)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=5796436&st=streering+wheel&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1058188350354

OR

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8101699&st=streering+wheel&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=1158317361055

Any head phones will do. Download TeamSpeak. Few patches, skins and tracks.....All this can be down within 30mins and you are ready for racing this Sunday!!

I got the game today and I am "training" now. Seems to run fine on my PC. I only have a GeForce 6600GT with 256meg of memory on it and I am not having any display issues. It's an older video card too. Can someone please PM me with the internet game to go to on Sunday.

When you are old and have arthritus in your hands like me, do I get 1 or 2 laps head start??

I got the game today and I am "training" now. Seems to run fine on my PC. I only have a GeForce 6600GT with 256meg of memory on it and I am not having any display issues. It's an older video card too. Can someone please PM me with the internet game to go to on Sunday.

When you are old and have arthritus in your hands like me, do I get 1 or 2 laps head start??

Will do, I am at work right now but I will help to get you setup.