HybridZ

Progress: 454 twin-turbo

Many thanks for the kind words, Scottie...means a lot coming from a gentleman who has put together some pretty wild stuff...:o)

As for the view, I certainly hope that is the case....gotta sort it out of course, but I'm looking for some good time slips...

Wayne

Thanks again, folks...sure keeps a body working when everyone is watching and waiting, eh? I am open to any and all suggestions, by the way....some I can/will use and some I can't/won't but I sure don't have a lock on ingenuity...I see some pretty wild stuff on this site...:o)

Terry, first of all let me say I have been drooling over your car for since I have been on this site...it is a superb piece of work. Secondly, I believe I can get the traction with the 4-link adjustability and tires I have....I've tried to work this whole mess to be able to get the power to the ground...I've seen 10.5 Outlaw cars in the high 6's, so I think it is a matter of trial and error. I'm going to try the 4.11's but I strongly suspect I will have to drop to the 3.50's and hope between the gears, 4-link and spool time that I can make it stick.

You guys with the scoop recommendations....given the topography of what you see under the hood and the way the hood mounts, any ideas on how you would go about it? Send me some drawings or examples if you do...we'll make this a board project, eh?

Wayne

Wayne, it looks GREAT I can't wait to see it in person. I know Rip will be impressed. You are making me get the itch to start my tt setup. I fired up my new motor (NOS) last week, the NOS cam makes it sound very tame John laughed and said he thinks it might run a 7.00 in the 1/8th.I hope to take it to the track next week. When I start my tt setup me and John might have to come and spend a few days with you. You have done a wonderful job and it looks AWESOME. Jerry

Hey, Jerry...you are too kind...I appreciate the kudo's from the experts! I know John must have been kidding you...more like 5's in the 1/8th with your new NOS motor...last time I talked to Rip, he was up to his ears in work and hadn't had a chance to work out his new setup...he has been conspicious by his absence....You and John are MORE than welcome to anything I have...please don't ever hesitate to come over or pick my brain on some of the things I've learned (the hard way most of the time...my wife says it goes along with the hard head :o) ) If you need anything, please holler...

Wayne

Hey, Jerry...you are too kind...I appreciate the kudo's from the experts! I know John must have been kidding you...more like 5's in the 1/8th with your new NOS motor...last time I talked to Rip, he was up to his ears in work and hadn't had a chance to work out his new setup...he has been conspicious by his absence....You and John are MORE than welcome to anything I have...please don't ever hesitate to come over or pick my brain on some of the things I've learned (the hard way most of the time...my wife says it goes along with the hard head :o) ) If you need anything, please holler...

Wayne

Thanks Wayne!! Looking forward to March!!! Jerry

Wayne, I have been really considering the same Massflo system you have and have been considering costs as well. It seems to make sense, especially when you can use the application in a turbocharged setup. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for providing the pictures of everything. You are making some serious progress and the work looks top-notch!

I may go turbo carbed for now even though its not ideal in the least. I have everything to do it *sigh*.

Davy

Go for it, Davy!!!! I thought I could wait until after the first of the year, but the bug got me!! :o) I have had very good luck with the Mass Flo system in N/A form and I watch the Mustang guys do crazy things with turbo's and centrifigul superchargers using the EEC IV computer. I had Chris (from MASS FLO) send me another computer programmed for the boost, as well as an in-line MAF programmed for the bigger injectors. I am holding my breath because he swears the injectors he sent me are more than big enough to make 1000 horses, however, most of the calculators I have used have shown that I am short by about a third of what it says I need. I am not going to say what I'm using for injectors until after I see if he is correct or not. If he is, then there are lots of other folks who are wrong. However, Chris has never steered me wrong in 2 years, so I will give it a whirl...wideband system won't lie.

I originally bought a PRO blow-through carb to run, however, I was just being lazy....they built it specifically for my combo...the sheet they have you fill out tells them everything but the typhoon condition. Other folks I've talked to have said they build them spot-on, they had the right AFR out of the box.

Anyway, enough drivel...put your turbo setup together and call it a Christmas present..:o)

Wayne

Go for it, Davy!!!! I thought I could wait until after the first of the year, but the bug got me!! :o) ...

I originally bought a PRO blow-through carb to run, however, I was just being lazy....they built it specifically for my combo...the sheet they have you fill out tells them everything but the typhoon condition. Other folks I've talked to have said they build them spot-on, they had the right AFR out of the box.

Wayne

Haha! If you still have the carb let me know--see my PM. I may want to buy it, but I have no idea if my budget will allow.

Davy