HybridZ

Might be back on 2 wheels real soon!

auxilary

friend of mine offered me his 2000 Triumph TT600 (red/silver, this is the 4 banger, not 3 cylinder) for a grand. It has a bad idle air control valve so it makes no power until 4000 rpm, and he dismantled it partially to fix that couple of year ago. Never got around to fixing it, so the bike just sat. Has new fork seals, hasn't been down, very loud exhaust can, and 30,000 miles. It'll need a major tune up, and probably a new fuel map flashed to the ecu. Looks something like this:

GL1100831~Triumph-TT-600-CC-Motorcycle-Road-Record-July-2000-Posters.jpg

I am thinking of jumping on this real quick :)

I really like the TT600, but prefer the black and yellow version. Nice! Looks like a total deal to me. Just remember that they, like their automotive British cousins, do leak oil. At least, the Speed Triple that I eventually wrecked, did leak onto my garage floor. I think it was marking its territory.

Davy

Those are nice bikes. They are very similar to the CBR600 F3-F4 in power and how they handle. Not the fastest bike, but it is comfortable. I would buy it in a second. You don't see yourself coming and going and they are supposed to be reliable. Good luck, and enjoy.