HybridZ

is the rumor true?

randyz350

do people on craigslist even buy cars or do they just f**k with you i have had 20 people call about my car more then half make an apointment then dont show up and then stop answering my calls then turn there phone off and the other have say they will try to make it out some time then i never hear from them again when i call people im excited to go blow all my money on there peice of s**t

i am selling a car, every time i looked at a car or bike to buy off craigslist they say how many times they got flaked on and i never belivedbut i have had 7 different opointments flake on me today and 5 yesterday no one has made it or got back in touch with me they dissapear off the face of the earth

sorry john i will try to make it esier to understand. im just a pist off poor puncuator and some one from cragslist is flaking on me as we speek im about to give up

"Shift Key (Shi-ft K-e) -noun- The key on a keyboard that, when pressed, will change a lower case letter into a capital letter"

I'm sorry to hear that you're having troubles with selling your vehicle. Sometimes you've just got to stick it out and hope for the best.

I have sold 2 cars on CL, and both of them sold within 1 day of listing. If you price it right, you really don't have to haggle, or put up with no-shows. You also have to kind of know your audience. Lastly, I have found that a high quality post gets high quality responses.

I have bought 3 cars off of CL, and I have had to put up with significant flakeyness from many sellers. Overall though, CL is my preferred method of purchasing and selling a vehicle.

the last few cars ive sold off CL have gone to the first person who actually showed up to look at the car. That being said, I will usually make an apointment with someone and have them call me 15min before they are going to show. No call, I keep doing whatever I was doing. CL does have a lot of flakes, but the people who I have delt with have been pleasant. Ive purchaced cars, washer/dryer, motorcycles, and other misc items. Its been good to me.

I usually dont 'chase' potential buyers, if they want the car bad enough, they can email me or call.

I just sold a Bowflex on craigslist for $350.00. I had a bunch of calls and ended up delivering for $25.00. I thought for sure they were gonna flake when I got there, but I got cash in hand and a thankyou.

Craigslist is hit or miss. Good luck.

I have baught many items from craigslist before, also all being plesant. i just herd these rumors and now being my first time actually selling on craigslist and im experiancing this badly. its a hell of a deal to (sale-490956380@craigslist.org) the reason it is so chep and my pacience are low is because i need quck cash due to bidding war on a bike

i hate low ballers. I dont even call to make an offer i give him what hes askin for, unless its not worth it to me. So theres me again expecting everyone to be like myself. $1500 is what i nedd and i need it asap i guess its not a quality post unless you lie like everyone else. i should have listed all the crap that cost over 4000 just ionto the truck last year, and said i bought it all at retail price but i thaught the less the better all the crap they list is ussually b.s. anyway

You are SELLING something. There's nothing wrong with promoting your product. If getting the money is so important, stop whining and make an effort to actually SELL.

List the work you've done and the parts you've installed without listing any dollar amounts. List the good things aobut the truck, list the not so good things about the truck. Give potential buyers information so they can make a decision. Be happy and positive when they call.

This isn't Field of Dreams: "List it and they will come!"

point taken and i am not to bummed that i can sell in a day i just didnt belive this anmount of people could flake in two days, not one call from a kid either its all what seems to be adults that want an old truck and they should no a deal when they see it. I know there is some one out there who would love my truck for 3 grand so i figured everyone would like it at 1500

i hate low ballers. I dont even call to make an offer i give him what hes askin for, unless its not worth it to me. So theres me again expecting everyone to be like myself. $1500 is what i nedd and i need it asap i guess its not a quality post unless you lie like everyone else. i should have listed all the crap that cost over 4000 just ionto the truck last year, and said i bought it all at retail price but i thaught the less the better all the crap they list is ussually b.s. anyway

It's very confusing to try to read what you're writing. Try to not rant and take your time to convey the meaning of your thoughts.

should you have listed "all the crap that cost over 4000 ionto the truck last year?"... yes... how is anyone going to know it's on there from the pics you've posted?

You just posted on CL yesterday, be patient... repost with more pics, list the work and additional "crap" on the truck and change the price if you think it's worth more. If you need a quick sell because you're in a pinch, then state that. Buyers love it when someone needs to offload something quickly.

just my $0.02

this is what you have:

72 chevy pickup $1500 - $1500 (vallejo / benicia)

Reply to: sale-490956380@craigslist.org

Date: 2007-11-27, 8:00AM PST

brand new turbo350 auto trans and brand new wiring harnes clean truck in and out call asap 707 315 1711 any time

This is what it should look like if you expect to get better results:

1972 Chevrolet 1500 truck/pickup - $1,500 firm, no lowballers

Hello,

I'm selling a 1972 chevy 1500 pickup. Clean truck, very low rust, smog exempt. It has xxxxxx miles, and I've put a lot of sweat and tears into it, as well as about $4,000 worth of upgrades, fixes, and modifications. Some of the items include a new wiring harness run throughout the truck, consider those electrical gremlins and old crappy wiring eliminated! New Turbo TH-350 automatic transmission, [insert any engine work here].

$1,500 firm, price is not negotiable, the vehicle is a steal as it is with the money I've invested in it.

If I saw that ad, I'd ignore it. I like to read details about the vehicle, rather than have to pick up a phone to make a call to get details and information. If a person made enough effort to take pictures and upload them, they should make the same effort to sell the vehicle. Spice up your ad with detail. List mileage, good and bad, rust, frame condition, what needs to be done.