HybridZ

I suck at wheels. Need help with offset and fitament.

They will definitely rub without coilovers. I had 15x7 +15 RS8s before with 225/50 yokohama AVS ES100s and with no spacers, they rubbed the front spring perch and barely cleared the rear.

Should be fine with spacers.

Right. And I have no problem getting spacers. Just trying to determine what size based on the equation and information below:

Offest is only useful in calculation backspace. For a 240Z running stock diameter springs you can run a wheel with 3.5" to 3.75" of backspace - assuming your tire sidewall is vertical and not bowed out (tread width wider then rim width). At 4" there's a good change you'll be hitting the springs. So, do the math yourself for positive offset wheels:

Backspace = (offset in mm / 25.4) + (wheel width / 2)

16x7+38 = 4.99" of backspace

16x8+38 = 5.49" of backspace

16x7+13 = 4.01" of backspace

16x8+14 = 4.55" of backspace

• 4 months later...

Bump. Just had the wheels refinished.

Going to do 225/50/16 on all four corners.

Looking at the Dunlop Direzza, currently has a $50 cash back with a set of tires. Making them $320 to my door.

Now I just need to find some spacers...any recommendations on where or who to go with for spacers?

Thanks

i'm in the same 'not great at wheel calculations' club. as i look at the posts and do the math it appears that these wheels will fit my z. rolled rear fender lips, stock fronts, gc coilovers all around.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140223343930&rd=1

Nice. Basically the offset is given in millmeters, just convert that to inches and you have the spacer thinckness in inches you need to get to zero offset. +20 is close to 3/4". (0.7873992).

This is a great calculator:

http://www.bigcustomwheels.com/rt_specs.jsp

i'm in the same 'not great at wheel calculations' club. as i look at the posts and do the math it appears that these wheels will fit my z. rolled rear fender lips, stock fronts, gc coilovers all around.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140223343930&rd=1

You want about 4.5" BS for a stock suspension (talking wheels only counting lips!!! this assumes your tires will stick a smidgen over the lips) no more really. At most I think you want around 5.5" FS, but this can be fudged a bit depending on tire specification. Talking about S30's here.

The typical points of contact you must clear are (BS measurements here include tire - talking fronts):

1. T/C Rod - Max BS here was around 5" as well at full lock and ~ zero toe.

2. Spring Perch - Max BS stock ~4.75"-5.125" or so.

3. Lower Valance - This is taken care of by installing an air dam.

Hope that helps?

1 tuff Z - Those 7.5" +20's will probably fit but you may have some T/C rod interference if you are running stock T/C's and go full lock...

For the tires, I bought Dunlop Direzza DZ101

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?cs=225&pc=28199&rd=16&ar=50

The backspacing stuff really confuses me. Some say 4" others say more...

I just ordered 25mm H&R spacers for front and rear...really hoping those will work, if not someone give me a heads up so that I can change the order.

The bummer is that the car is 700 miles from where the wheels and tires are...so I need them to work when I go to pick the car up and drive it home.

Figuring these are what you ordered:

16x7+13

16x8+14

You will fit just fine on the front provided you don't have a ton of tire sticking out. If you have coil-overs on the rear no problem... it will probably clear stock rear as well, but not 100% positive.

If you wanted any spacer it would be in the 5-10mm range. Not 25mm. Sound good?

Figuring these are what you ordered:

You will fit just fine on the front provided you don't have a ton of tire sticking out. If you have coil-overs on the rear no problem... it will probably clear stock rear as well, but not 100% positive.

If you wanted any spacer it would be in the 5-10mm range. Not 25mm. Sound good?

I have eibach lowering springs and tokico struts.

Are you talking 5-10mm all around...or just on the rear?

Sorry, spacing is OBVIOUSLY all new to me.

I have eibach lowering springs and tokico struts.

Are you talking 5-10mm all around...or just on the rear?

Sorry, spacing is OBVIOUSLY all new to me.

Probably just the rear if needed. It has been advised though in the past by JohnC to increase the front track more than the rear for handling benefits - so maybe the front as well. If I were you I would just wait and see... worse comes to worse assuming you can go easy on it and not drive it far at all at low speed and no I am not recommending this... you could pop 4 appropriately sized washers to make it clear. I think we are talking about a minimal amount of rubbing if any. Or you could do it the right way and buy 4 thin spacers...