HybridZ

RB25 Transmission or modified RB26awd?

strokerzedd

Has anyone any experience with lowlifekustomz@gmail.com

regarding their RB26 transmission modification? They claim that the RB26 tranny is much stronger than the RB25 tranny and can be modified to fit our rwd applications. He's protecting his proprietary information and it's difficult to get complete answers from them but apparently they cut the front wheel drive casing off and add new side casing and modify the bottom for $800. I have both the original RB26 awd tranny and a donor RB25 sitting in my garage as we speak while I wait for all of the engine and driveline parts that I've ordered arrive from all over the world to arrive. I'm putting them in my '72 240z that had a 3.1 stroker that wasn't powerful enough c/w tube frame from the firewall forward/Safety Devices roll cage/lsd/cv joint axles/coilovers and RB26 c/w CP forged pistons/Eagle connecting rods/Greddy 280 degree/10.8mm cams/HKS GTRS turbos etc etc etc.

Has anyone any experience with lowlifekustomz@gmail.com

regarding their RB26 transmission modification? They claim that the RB26 tranny is much stronger than the RB25 tranny and can be modified to fit our rwd applications.

the reason they're telling you that is because they buy RB26's, sell them with RB25 transmissions, and have to do something with the RB26 transmissions. cutting off the front sump/diff casing works... but its a hack job.

All 5 speed skyline transmissions mated to 2.5 or 2.6 litre that did not come in a R34 should be an FS5R30A.

They are, apparently, the strongest transmissions Nissan made.

On top of that.. don't deal with people that have stupid screen names like lowlifekustomz. If the name wasn't an indication of how childish they sound, then you won't see the reason why companies that have legit business names and try to protect their branding charge a little more... because they deserve to after building up a name for themselves that's based on quality. (sorry if that sounded condescending, but I'm just speaking from experience based on most people I've had to unpleasantly deal with that all sounded the same from the get-go)

i say f**k em.

Pete, I'm sure it's possible to do the "hack job" you mentioned, but it may simply be not worth the effort (and/or $$), if there's a ready solution, like the RB25/VG30 trans.

How about swapping the internals of the RB26 transmission into the RB25/VG30 for a replacement? All those RB26's and no use of the trans's . . .

Given that the internals are the same on the 26/25/Z32, wouldn't it be possible to do a 'hack job' on the 26 transmission so that you don't have to buy a 25?

How much larger is the 26 transmission, anyone have side by side top pics?

it's the sump and the differential as well as the output shaft location that you're gonna have a tough time playing with.

Might as well go AWD at that point. LOL

• 1 month later...
Given that the internals are the same on the 26/25/Z32, wouldn't it be possible to do a 'hack job' on the 26 transmission so that you don't have to buy a 25?

How much larger is the 26 transmission, anyone have side by side top pics?

dont mind the mess

R32 AWD trans and the Z32 trans

IMG_0944.jpg