HybridZ

15 year old screws with police

Globerunner513

the nice thing about having a bike over here is that a cop wont pull you over for speeding because 9 times out of ten 10 your going to outrun him and hide, but if your in a average joe car, they will pull you over, but if you are in ferrari lambo. lotus...etc doing 15+ over they wont pull you over they will flash their lights and continue on.

but i dont know how you guys manage to have such high insurance rates i pay less for full coverage on my R1 without me having a license and quite a few speeding tickets then i do for my z31 with minimum coverage. (keep in mind i hardly drive this car)

Ya, I was really considering a bike, as I spend ~200-250 a month on gas.

Then I started talking to people at work. One t-boned a car that ran a red light, broke his collar bone. Another was able to lay down his bike when a car pulled out in front of him and took a ride on his backpack. Then the boyfriend of a chick - the guy overcooked a corner, went down, hit the curb, got some air and hit the entrance sign to an apartment complex. He'll be in traction for a while I was told.

And those are just the people down in the city. I live in the mountains with lots of deer and bad weather [there is a reason I list my location as "Nor Cal" haha], and the road actually has a sign showing the fatalities each year and so far this one. Just a 2 land road too.

Wish insurance rates were lower, would love to get something with lots of airbags for a DD.

Not going to happen, to many reckless drivers in my demographic :evil:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to ride a bike and really liked the good gas mileage and cheap insurance but I stopped after being cut off one to many times.

My experience was that most people aren't really very aware of what's going on around them so I had to be super defensive. After a while I got sick of it and decided I wanted some steel around me so when I got ran over it wouldn't hurt quite as bad.

I've been in 9 accidents (7 car not my fault, 1 motorcycle my fault, 1 car my fault). The bike accident was my fault and due to my stupidity, the car accident that was my fault happened on a auto-x track. All the others were caused by people not paying attention to the road and I would not have survived 3 of them had I been on a bike.

Anyway, Bikes are fun and exciting but seeing as I'm not the only one on the road not worth the risk, especially when a-holes like the kid in the video prowl the highways.

Wheelman

All those police vids shown on TV are doctored. I love the screeching tire sound from a helicoper view... because a camera can pick up tire sounds from 1000 feet in the air, over the chopper noise. :D Oh... and the loud tire screeching on a dirt road chase is good too!

The tire screeching on dirt is possible... I have done it.. and it blew my mind.. I didn't think it was possible.. it has to be fine dirt though.

wheres here?

palm desert/springs with the notorious highway 74, but i have been in a few accidents myself on the bike, one of them being you can lay your bike down here or lay it down over their, then the other was just my stupidity of getting a flat tire at 85 and sliding on ass for a hundred feet or so, i honestly love the rush of defending myself on the road, nothing like that a-hole in the bimmer talking on his cell phone trying to take your ass out.

• 4 months later...

GO BACK AND LOOK AT THE VID!!! compare the part where he "breaks down" to the part around 2:05 where he nearly stops short of the "stop sticks"

That car didnt break down, they spliced that clip into the end to make it look like they caught him. Its spliced and the speed is different but it is identical! Take a look