HybridZ

s130 280zx suspension

well i been searching all over and these sites said to have stuff for our s130

http://www.technotoytuning.com/

this is what they offer

Weld-On Coilover Kits, Camber Plates, Upper Hats and RCA's.

Gia & Gabriel Tyler

www.TechnoToyTuning.com

also

old school motorsports has this

http://www.newoldstockmotorsports.com/index.php?cPath=14

DATSUN 510 - 280ZX BILLET STRUT SPACERS

DATSUN 510 BILLET CONTROL ARMS

not shure if they fit 280zx but i did the search under 280zx and they came up

i wonder if they fit

what do you guys think?

is there anything else out there for the 280zx and its sloppy suspension

whats a good way to go?

i already bought the tokico hp strut spring kit i just need to put it in

i am wondering if i made a good choice?

I sell the basic Tokico stuff and I'm hoping to get a 280ZX in the shop next year to figure out and build a good suspension setup for the car.

i already bought the tokico hp strut spring kit i just need to put it in i am wondering if i made a good choice?

It all depends on what you plan to do with the car. The Tokico HP stuff is good for a mostly street car. When your car becomes a mostly autocross, track, or drag car then more specialized suspension components are needed.

well i want a build a car to enter drift days. My friends usually go and they talked me into it, so thats the direction i am heading

i want to try it on a 280zx since all of them have s13's and the ae86's

my friends call the s130 a steam boat

i also have a s30 but i think the 280zx should have its turn for the spot light

DSCN1238.jpg

Thats not a S14 rear end, S13, Z32, R??, anyone of those. But anyway you don't need a multilink rear end to drift, set the stock suspension up properly and away you go. Like the BMW in this vid, note the lines :)

Similar semi trailing arm rear suspension.

the stock 280zx has so much of its rear behind the differential it really looks unbalanced and flexible "like a bamboo stick with a boulder in the middle". i also feel the car has alot of over steer it seems like it would be hard to get it at a big angle or keep a drift.

but then i don't know for sure ill have to find out the hard way and give it a shot

• 2 weeks later...

From everything I've read and seen on the front suspension of the S130, the S13 struts, spindles and hubs will swap over as a complete unit. This opens you up to better brake upgrades, off the shelf parts and even a 5 lug hub swap that is for the most part a boltup deal with aftermarket hubs. There is a 5 lug hub in the salvage yards that I found will bolt to the S13 but not the S14 spindles, there is a shaft diameter difference.

The S14 spindles will not work because of the larger balljoint used on the S14, however the S14 front goods will bolt onto the Z31 from what I've read. Please don't hold.

From what I've read, the rear is very much like the Z31 and certain S12 models so some of the stuff should crossover.

This is what I've found so far, is there much truth to this?

I have a 79 s130, i just got done doing the suspension techniques spring, sway bars, front tokico illuminas, and rear kyb gas adjust struts, all new polyurethane bushings, and it is incredible. It cost me around 800 for everything, and thats including all my bushings, including the control arms and rear crossmember insulator. The beswt investment ive made in the car.

the stock 280zx has so much of its rear behind the differential it really looks unbalanced and flexible "like a bamboo stick with a boulder in the middle". i also feel the car has alot of over steer it seems like it would be hard to get it at a big angle or keep a drift.

but then i don't know for sure ill have to find out the hard way and give it a shot

Maybe the longer wheelbase 2+2 would be better for drifting? I don't know but would think that the longer wheelbase would allow easier angle control.

Wonder how the Z31 rear end would fit? Thats another possible option.

260det do you have any more pictures of your cage in the S130?

i would like to go about the same route you did.

thanks

No other pics that would help, the one in my gallery shows everything except the top of the main hoop though.