HybridZ

who all has done full 240sx suspension

roninjiro

Im not using the complete suspension, just the front hubs and front and rear coilovers. keeping the trailing arms for the time being.

But I have a set of S14 Apex'i N1 pro coilovers. as far as coilovers, there is only very minor differences between the S13 and S14. And those differences are in the height of the rear coilover unit. S14 is a bit taller, which sucks because the S13 and 280ZX are the same height. But, I got a smoking deal on a quality coilover set and it wont take that much to mod it to work.

I guess this half answers your question? lol

• 2 weeks later...

How about swapping in the Z31 suspension? The 87-89 Turbo front hubs can work with the Z32 brakes . . .

I've seen projects to swap the S13/14 IRS into a 280ZX, how well does the Z31 LSD swap in? From what I've read it is nearly identical in design.

How about swapping in the Z31 suspension? The 87-89 Turbo front hubs can work with the Z32 brakes . . .

I've seen projects to swap the S13/14 IRS into a 280ZX, how well does the Z31 LSD swap in? From what I've read it is nearly identical in design.

The LSD is bolt in.

I'm doing the rear subfram from an s14 for several reasons.

Widens the rear track by 2"

Comes with disc brakes

Still uses the R200 but in shortnose form.

Stupid easy to work on compared to the factory Z rear suspension.

Dirt Cheap to obtain

CV's are on them too

You gain alot more ajustability too if you do a little fab work.

Easy to make it slide or stick.

Alot more aftermarket availability too.

I got my complete subframe for 100 bucks. Hard to beat that

Also... very easy to go 5 lug if you want easier to find rims.

-Ed

eh, not to start an arguement, but with a little fab work, you can make the 280ZX rear suspesions toe and camber adjustable. control arm modification. this is for the 300zx, but the principle is the same. Im using M30 rear control arms, cv axels and diff with my stock 280ZX crossmember. the M30 arms will be modified for toe and camber adjustibility and they use big brakes like the 87+ 300zx.